Author Topic: What do you think these are?  (Read 1641 times)

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
Re: What do you think these are?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2008, 12:09:05 AM »
I think it is pyoderma/hot spots/wet eczema.  Bailey gets this quite a lot, and usually around the neck area too, although he has had it in other places.  Have just got rid of a batch.  We have some lotion from the vets, that we put on as soon as we see them starting and it seems to nip it in the bud.  They seem to be very itchy and Bailey goes absolutely mad for the smell that they give off too  :huh:
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2008, 09:28:55 AM »

Stainless steel tends not to cause allergies...
The main culprit is Nickel - but this is used in a lot of cheaper metal products....

Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2008, 11:46:33 AM »
I'm not sure.....bites or stings of some sort?  My SIL's dog had a very similar thing recently, but on the back of her neck.  It's all cleared up now but we still don't know what caused it  :-\

Sorry, not much help - they seem to be clearing up nicely though!  If she gets any more or it gets any worse I would take her to the vet.

more on the curious bites/rash in the south.

this rash of lumpy bites was on Fudge's shoulder and back and the vet said definitely bites of some kind....she had about 20, and a couple of stray ones on her chest as well.

now Jarv has got 5 of these things - again not in traditional hot spot territory - on his neck (back of head) but nowhere near where his collar sits, way above it.  I know they're not from ticks cos I've seen that plenty of times and these are little lumps that are red raw on the surface.  He's not scratching them in any way, and I've put sudocrem on them. 

He has been walking in the same place that Fudge does in the last few days so maybe there's something there.
helen & jarvis x

Offline Lynne L

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2008, 02:10:43 PM »
I'm not sure.....bites or stings of some sort?  My SIL's dog had a very similar thing recently, but on the back of her neck.  It's all cleared up now but we still don't know what caused it  :-\

Sorry, not much help - they seem to be clearing up nicely though!  If she gets any more or it gets any worse I would take her to the vet.

more on the curious bites/rash in the south.

this rash of lumpy bites was on Fudge's shoulder and back and the vet said definitely bites of some kind....she had about 20, and a couple of stray ones on her chest as well.

now Jarv has got 5 of these things - again not in traditional hot spot territory - on his neck (back of head) but nowhere near where his collar sits, way above it.  I know they're not from ticks cos I've seen that plenty of times and these are little lumps that are red raw on the surface.  He's not scratching them in any way, and I've put sudocrem on them. 

He has been walking in the same place that Fudge does in the last few days so maybe there's something there.

I'm in the far north of Northumberland so these mystery lumps are distributed countrywide!
Lynne
x