Author Topic: Hibiscrub in boots  (Read 3059 times)

Offline Coco

• Site Member
Hibiscrub in boots
« on: August 28, 2008, 12:18:25 AM »
I noticed the other day that Hibiscrub is available in Boots (thought it was a harder to come by than that  ph34r but I thought I recalled you guys recommending it many times and me thinking it's something i'd not get hold of  ::)
Anyway, it's £7.99 for about (looks like) a 250ml bottle which seems expensive compared to err... salt water  ph34r but would it be a better product to treat grass seed punctures between toes, (I'm talking when they just pierce the skin but don't embed) or do I stick to my cheapy solution, we've not had major problems with?
Also, would it be a good idea to clean the girls chops/ears with it on a say monthly basis? We don't get lip fold infections so far but the odd smelly couple of days.  (or is it a case of the  >:D making work and i'll end up anti-bacing my girls within an inch of their lives?  ;) Is it a medical cupboard product or one that y'all regularly use as part of routine?

There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo

Offline Guelder Rose

• Donator
Re: Hibiscrub in boots
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 07:49:24 AM »
Hibiscrub isn't hard to come by, most chemists stock it and it's easily sourced online too.  However, the very last place I would buy it from is Boots .. I don't know why but they always seem to be really overpriced on this product!

I only used it for Rosie when really necessary, rather than as routine, but this only because I was told that it was very drying for their skin.

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 07:53:28 AM »
never buy it from the chemist - wayyyyyyy too expensive.  From memory Coco your OH is a farmer?  An agricultural supplier should stock Hibiscrub really cheaply so he could probably just ask his local supplier for some  ;)
helen & jarvis x

Offline *AmandaB*

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 01:52:47 PM »
Thornit for ears and a small bottle of iodene solution for cuts, sore pads and other minor scrapes, much cheaper than Hibiscrub!! will stain the carpet if you let them go before it is dry but cheap and great stuff.

Offline Coco

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 01:10:40 PM »
Thanks for the replies, sorry it's taken so long to come back.

OH is a farmer so perhaps I shall mention it to him. I have Iodine in the hooman medical kit so that's good to know.

I have savalon, germoline, TCP etc in our meds drawer which i've considered using on Wherry's grass seed ailments but never know if it's ok. I just always worry about what products are safe for dogs  :huh:  ::)
There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 02:47:40 PM »
Hibiscrub also stains white fur on cockers  :005: (Lucky Buffy is a girl - she didn't mind having pink paws!)
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(