Author Topic: what is Thornits?  (Read 1648 times)

Offline HeatherFeather

• Mavie
what is Thornits?
« on: September 04, 2009, 04:41:17 PM »
Specifically-does anyone know? 

It sounds like such a great product, but we don't have it over here.  We have several other brands of ear powder, but I wonder if they are the same thing.  Also, I don't want to go ahead and order it online when I have no idea what it is-not to mention the costs and ordeal associated with shipping.  Personally I don't like using talc products, for ecological reasons and beacause they aren't at all healthy to breathe in.

We have a tea tree oil based ear wash, which I don't want to squirt in when there isn't a problem already.
~*~*~*In Puppy Love!!!!*~*~*~

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
Re: what is Thornits?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 07:10:13 PM »
O.k. Just copying details of the bottle - Canker Powder for Cats, Dogs & Rabbits - Contents: Zinc Oxide, Talc, Iodoform, Boric.   Thats all the info from the container.  :D

I think there have been previous threads on this.  :-\   It can be used for ear mites and preventative use too. 

There may be some other suggestions for its use from some more COL'ers.  :blink:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline louiebeans mum

• Site Member
  • Louiebean and Me.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 07:58:23 PM »
Its great stuff!  I use my Thornits on Louies paws too if they get sore or irritated ( he has an allergy)  Seems to work great.

A very useful product to have and I would definatley recommend getting it shipped to you.  Maybe give them a call to see if they can ship it cheaper?

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 08:25:51 PM »
Although it is talc based, you really only use a tiny amount - I still have the small bottle I bought about 3 years ago and there is about a third left  ;)

A bottle of Thornits is so small and light it really should not be too much of a cost or ordeal to get it sent to you!  :shades: ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 12:37:04 AM »
It's excellent stuff, wouldn't be without it !

http://www.petmeds.co.uk/p-528-thornit-ear-powder.aspx

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 09:54:53 AM »
I have just read janes Sticky about thornits and there is a link to a stockist, champion something or other and they don't charge any extra to ship to usa canada or nz. I f you go to Health you will find the sticky and link there, hth  :luv: Jo
Jo, Belle and Monty