Author Topic: Blodwen sick and runny poo - advice please  (Read 5717 times)

Offline LinzB

Re: Blodwen sick and runny poo - advice please
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 12:51:09 PM »
I think Pro Kolin is something to put the good bacteria back in the gut and settle it when it's irritated, so perhaps you could try a teaspoon of plain natural yoghurt? It's pretty similar and might help to settle blod's tum. As she's been sick again, I'd leave her with no food for now until later on this afternoon. If you're struggling to get her to drink, ice cubes can be good as they enjoy chewing them -just supervise her if you do!
Keep an eye on her gums, make sure they stay pink. Hope she's feeling better soon!  :luv:

Offline rwasinski

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2009, 01:12:17 PM »
OK I've been out and bought cod fillets (what was in Marks and Spencer frozen food section!) and steamed a couple of pieces - she has had a small amount about an hour ago and so far so good. She is drinking water thank goodness- small but frequent sips to keep her fluids up. Poor love is starving and we are using ice cubes as treats because she loves those - she sits by the freezer and waits ever so patiently! I think she'd wait there for hours just for her ice cube!

I will whizz out and get some plain yoghurt now and give her a tablespoon.

Thank you so much for all your help. We would be lost without COL to turn to at times like these.

Rebecca, Blod-ness and Llew-bear!

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2009, 04:23:43 PM »
M&S cod fillets  :blink: lucky girl. Maybe we should come for tea  :005: :blink:
If you want to invest in a bag of frozen fish Aldi do a large bag for about £2.50 ish we normally keep some in the freezer for poorly tums and treats as mine all love their fish. You can cook a batch and keep in the fridge  :blink:
I would start with a couple of desert spoonsful and give her portions every 3 or 4 hours increasing as you go. When that is ok add the boiled rice and fingers crossed she will be all better. :luv:
Natural yogurt with the fish will be yummy too  :blink:

I have never known fish to fail to work  :blink:

Jo

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2009, 05:24:54 PM »
You can actually buy Pro-Kolin from Llloyds Chemist they now sell vet medicines, or Pets at Home vet have it.  Definitely cheaper online though.

Offline HarveynMax

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2009, 05:30:49 PM »
HI Sharon

How are Willow and Freddie today?  Did he go? xxxx

Offline rwasinski

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 10:21:54 AM »
Took Blod to vets first thing this morning, she was fine all day yesterday, no more sick, but had a number two last night which looked horrendous and undigested. 

He has given us a sachet of Lectade to keep her hydrated to give to her little and often - she seems to love it which is good news!

She is to go back tomorrow morning for a check up. He didnt want to give her an injection in case it masks a problem which would go unidentified - we'll see how she is for the rest of today. She doesn't seem sore in her belly or listless.

Little tinker has us so worried. She was an angel at the vets, so well behaved bless her  :luv:

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2009, 10:26:35 AM »
Duggie's got it too now, whatever it is, I suspect it's a bug going round. He had a runny poo on our walk yesterday and was sick in the car on the way home, then I awoke to him being sick in his crate around 5am, then more runs in the garden, and unfortunately some on the carpet while I'd nipped upstairs. :020:

I hope Blodwen's clears up soon, and she is back to normal. :luv:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline sassie

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2009, 10:50:52 AM »
Duggie's got it too now, whatever it is, I suspect it's a bug going round. He had a runny poo on our walk yesterday and was sick in the car on the way home, then I awoke to him being sick in his crate around 5am, then more runs in the garden, and unfortunately some on the carpet while I'd nipped upstairs. :020:

I hope Blodwen's clears up soon, and she is back to normal. :luv:

Hope Blodwen is back to full health soon, I have made some notes from this post - i.e. fish and the yoghurt as Larnie also has this today.  She was very sick and had runny poos last night (thankfully all in the garden, bless her), but is very listless and sleeping now).  No interest in eating but has taken some water like Blodwen did.

It must be something going around at the moment.

Offline rwasinski

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2009, 11:03:17 AM »
Oh poor puppies. I hope they are both feeling better quickly, it's so worrying and you have to keep a close eye on them all the time. Blod's number two last night just appeared on the sofa next to my hubby with no warning!  ph34r  (Ikea removable covers - say dry clean only but I just bunged them in the washing machine immediately!)

Offline sassie

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2009, 11:08:53 AM »
Oh poor puppies. I hope they are both feeling better quickly, it's so worrying and you have to keep a close eye on them all the time. Blod's number two last night just appeared on the sofa next to my hubby with no warning!  ph34r  (Ikea removable covers - say dry clean only but I just bunged them in the washing machine immediately!)

Are you sure your husband didn't do it!!  ph34r :005:.  Sorry  about my warped sense of humour, it's lack of sleep as I have been up with her in the night.

Thanks for the warning tho, I will put some throws on the sofa and chair just in case.

Offline rwasinski

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2009, 11:11:59 AM »
 :005: :005: :005:

You have to laugh, otherwise you cry!

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2009, 11:12:36 AM »
Blod's number two last night just appeared on the sofa next to my hubby with no warning!  ph34r  (Ikea removable covers - say dry clean only but I just bunged them in the washing machine immediately!)
Probably innapropriate, but the thought of the poo just appearing with no warning when your poor unsuspecting hubby was just innocently sitting there minding his own business made me laugh! :005:

We used to have those IKEA sofas, and I machine washed the cream covers regulary, be warned though - they shrink just that tiny little bit each time until suddenly the zips burst when you try to do them up! :o :o
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline sassie

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2009, 11:13:49 AM »
:005: :005: :005:

You have to laugh, otherwise you cry!

So true, you're a woman after my own heart  :005:

Offline sassie

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2009, 11:15:03 AM »
Blod's number two last night just appeared on the sofa next to my hubby with no warning!  ph34r  (Ikea removable covers - say dry clean only but I just bunged them in the washing machine immediately!)
Probably innapropriate, but the thought of the poo just appearing with no warning when your poor unsuspecting hubby was just innocently sitting there minding his own business made me laugh! :005:

We used to have those IKEA sofas, and I machine washed the cream covers regulary, be warned though - they shrink just that tiny little bit each time until suddenly the zips burst when you try to do them up! :o :o

That's what happens with my trousers then (well thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it now - thanks Fiona  ph34r :005:)

Offline rwasinski

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2009, 05:33:07 PM »
Ha ha ha ha!

Well, after a vomit-free day (so far), plenty of hydration, fish, yoghurt and scrambled egg, Blod has just done her first SOLID POO in approx. 48 hours! HALLELUJAH! Granted, it was small, but it was solid.

I should add this to the other thread about how your life has changed since puppydom. I never thought I would get so excited and emotional about seeing a puppy tooty down for a poop! :lol2:

How are the other little ones doing?