Author Topic: Anti-biotic resistant lip-fold pyoderma  (Read 27054 times)

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
Re: Anti-biotic resistant lip-fold pyoderma
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2010, 01:13:39 PM »
All the very best for the forthcoming face lifts. If you are worried, I posted a thread on here about Buddy's recovery, with some photos. Do a quick search if you like.

I found the thread Annette started invaluable when I was deciding whether to have Jades done or not.   ;)

Yes, thank you so much Annette, I have previously looked at your thread, which was very helpful.  Thanks to your thread, I won't be too shocked to see the extent of Tilly's stitches on Tuesday!  I think if I hadn't seen your photos I would have been quite shocked and upset, so thanks for preparing me!  I'm also thankful to hear how successful this op has been for most of your cockers.  I can't say I'm looking forward to Tuesday, but it will be good to get this sorted out for her once and for all.  She's already a more relaxed dog now that her mouth isn't so sore, so I know we have to do it for her sake  :luv:

I have found all your suggestions for treatment so helpful - thank you everyone  :-*  I hope our collective experiences might prove helpful for anyone whose cocker is suffering from this horrible and painful condition.

Sue and Tilly (currently upside down asleep on her favourite chair  :luv:)

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2010, 03:27:03 PM »
Hope all goes well for Tilly on Tuesday.  Dallas had his done years ago (with infection present as nothing was shifting it) by the most amazing locum vet we had EVER! When I nipped up to the kennel room to see him, I thought he was still waiting to be done! Every dog I'd seen after that op had lots of stitches and Dallas only had 2 tiny ones either side that you had to look really close to see  :lol2: He was on antibugs afterwards but he never had any problems afterwards at all.
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline paulette

• Honey in the garden
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2010, 04:20:19 PM »
Hi everyone I am like a cat on a hot tinned roof have phone the vets to see how Honey lip fold op has gone and they have had a problem bring her around, so I have to phone in 1 1/2 hours its now 4 15 and she has been got since 8 o clock this morning, I have already phoned twice today, I miss her so much, this is the second lip fold op she had, the poor little soul has been through the mill. She loves to sit on my husbands lap at night so hope she is well enough to come home.
paulette

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2010, 04:29:35 PM »
Hope she is OK and gets home tonight.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2010, 05:24:36 PM »
Crikey paulette, I'd missed that Honey was going in for her op today.  I do hope she's back with you soon and having that cuddle on your OH's lap.  It's awful when they're away isn't it?  The house seems so quiet and empty  :'(  Let's keep everything crossed that this time the op is successful, Honey has been through the mill, hasn't she?  Sending her gently squigges  :luv: :luv:

Let us know how she's getting on. 

Sue and Tilly

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2010, 06:03:37 PM »
Paulette - everything crossed that Honey is ok  :luv: :luv: :luv:

will be thinking of you and Tilly on Tuesday Sue  :luv: :bigarmhug:
helen & jarvis x

Offline paulette

• Honey in the garden
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2010, 08:37:04 PM »
Hi everyone Honey arrived back at 7 45 she has been very sick and has the runs, I have given her a little wash and she is fast a sleep, they put a bonnet on her which I took off as she does not scratch it just makes her stressed, she has to go back on Tuesday for a check up. My sister has been staying with me from Yorkshire, I took her to Benenden  Hospital where I use to work, she has been ill for a long time and has cancer, so dear little Honey has been great therapy for my sister this week, and she gave me half the money towards Honey's operation which was wonderful. Thank you for all your kind words they means a lot to myself and Honey.  I just love this little girl so much  :luv:
paulette

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2010, 08:41:16 PM »
I was just posting to say I hope she is back with you so great to hear she is.  I am sure she will be feeling much better tomorrow.  How lovely of your sister.   :luv:
Get well soon Honey.   :luv:

Good luck to Tilly for Tuesday Sue, will be thinking of you both.  :luv:

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**

Offline Saffaroo

• Donator
  • both my girls safely at the bridge xx
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2010, 02:00:05 PM »
Just catching up with this one - hope she is feeling a bit brighter today :luv:

Dillon the Cavvie
Saffy dog 22.5.2000 - 4.12.2012
Shelley boo 25.3.2005 - 19.7.2011

Offline paulette

• Honey in the garden
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2010, 02:13:43 PM »
Hi everyone Honey is still not moving very much and not eating we carried her outside and have given her painkiller and antibiotics, we have cleaned her mouth and she is gone back to sleep, I have got some good medication that makes them eat which I will give her if she not eating in the next 24 hrs it was was given to me by the Royal Vets Hospital for my cat and works wonders when they are not eating and its very safe to give. Thanking you for all your kind words.
paulette

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2010, 04:22:50 PM »
Aaw, poor Honey.  Would she maybe eat a little bit of chicken and rice, this was what I was advised to give jade for the first couple of days as her mouth was very sore, I chopped it up really fine so she didn't have to chew and put it into a nice wide flatish bowl, so that she didn't bump her mouth trying to get it into her chow bella bowl.  Hope she is feeling better soon.   :-* :-*  Sending her gentle hugs from me and my girls.

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2010, 05:41:18 PM »
We hope Honey is feeling a little better today.  Poor wee girl  :luv:  We're sending positive vibes to Honey from Leicestershire to help her get well soon  :-*

Sue and Tilly

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2010, 11:07:25 PM »
We hope Honey is feeling a little brighter today.  How is she doing paulette?

Sue and Tilly

Offline paulette

• Honey in the garden
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2010, 12:59:42 PM »
Honey is now feeling a little better today is Monday, we had a very bad weekend she had not eaten since Thursday I always give chicken and rice but she would not touch it and never moved off her bed, we gave her painkillers and antibiotics, and I have been syringing water into her mouth, Sunday night at about 11.45pm she had her first mouthful of food     ;) I was so pleased and this morning the tail was wagging and that was wonderful. She had a infection around her mouth when she went in for her operation but that has gone and the smell has gone as well she has about 17 stitches on one side and 15 on the other, as this is the second time she has had it done it looks totally different and look a lot better, the first operation £875 and the second £450 but done by a different vet, this little girl has never complained once what a brave girl she is. I never want her to have anymore surgery again, I have felt sick to the pit of my stomach and I have an abscess on my tooth but I don't want to leave on her own just yet. We go back to the vets for check up tomorrow. Thank you once again for all your kind words.  :luv:
paulette

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2010, 05:38:51 PM »
We hope Honey is continuing to improve  :luv:

Tilly is back from her op.  The vet was pleased to see her go as Tilly has been "very vocal" since she woke up  :005:

She has a very large bucket on her head and is feeling very sorry for herself.  Mind you, she has just eaten a small bowl of chicken and rice and is asking for more (she can have some more later)  I haven't had a chance to look at the work she's had done as I don't want to disturb her whilst she's so sore.  We're off for a cuddle on the sofa now  :luv:

Sue and Tilly