Author Topic: Head Cold  (Read 1195 times)

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Head Cold
« on: December 06, 2004, 10:47:35 AM »
Billy is never ill, but for the past day or so he has had a gunky eye and a blocked nostril, up until today he has been eating normally and enjoying his walks but this morning he didn't want his breakfast, he has also been sneezing? Can dogs get a head cold is there anything I can do to make him more comfortable or should I take him the vets?

He is cuddled up on our bed at the moment with duvet over him :rolleyes: I have been cleaning his eye with tepid water and cold tea?? I am sure I read that somewhere??

Michelle

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
Head Cold
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 10:59:10 AM »
they can get things stuck up their nose!! So a trip to the vet may be worth while to rule an infection out!

Clare  
Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!

tracee

Head Cold
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 02:03:58 PM »
awww bless poor billy cocker kisses from my lot xxxx
                             tracee xxxx   :D  

Offline ruth_2_hot

• Site Member
    • http://janandnoel.com
Head Cold
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 02:16:06 PM »
:( aww poor billy hope he gets well soon so near to father christmas coming  :lol: have you tried a few drops of olbas oil on his bedding this helped hun when she was sneezing, and seemed of colour hope hes soon better huns sending him a big snuggle xxxxxxxxx :P  

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
Head Cold
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 02:24:11 PM »
Oh, poor Billy  :(  

One of my cats used to get 'colds' - sounds odd but every now and again his nose would just go bright red, eyes started running and he used to do big snotty sneezes all the time.  I used to have to take him to the vet for one of those magic 'cure all' injections :rolleyes:

Hope Billy's feeling much better soon.

Love and Cocker Kisses,

Louise & Piper xxx
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Head Cold
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2004, 05:08:49 PM »
Aww poor Billy - hope he feels better soon.

Cocker cuddles from us xxx  
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Head Cold
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 12:22:03 PM »
Well after nearly 2 weeks of antibiotics Billy's eye still hadn't cleared so he went back to the vets yesterday where the vet diagnosed "Dry eye" I know there is a longer name for this but can't remember it :blink: apparently his eye is no longer producing enough fluid to keep his eye clear so he will have to drops for the rest of his life :( poor little boy is already sick of the sight of the drop bottle.  

Michelle

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Head Cold
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004, 12:33:36 PM »
Awww poor Billy! I'm sure he'll get used to the drops eventually but I don't blame him - I hate putting drops in my eye :unsure:  
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Head Cold
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2004, 12:39:49 PM »
Awww poor little Billy, sorry Michelle i missed this post,  :rolleyes:      my sons dog a cairn has dry eye, and was a menace putting those drops in, She's very good now, as she has got used to it,  they were told she was on them for life, the good news is she's down to every other day now.  :)  Give Billy a (((hug))) from me xx
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Head Cold
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2004, 10:16:52 PM »
:( Awww poor Billy, sorry to hear about his little troubles, bless him!  Hopefully the ointment will give him some relief.  Indie sends Billy a big girlie kissi kiss :P