Author Topic: Anal gland cancer  (Read 3670 times)

Offline Tyler

• Vicky
Re: Anal gland cancer
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2010, 12:11:18 PM »
She has had a bath and I have given her a clip ready for her op!  We are going out for a lovely walk by the beach this afternoon as its a lovely sunny day here in Morecambe so she can have a good run out before her big day tomorrow.  Fingers crossed everything will be ok.

Thanks for everyones support its a really nice feeling that you are all out there for us.  Not all our friends are dog lovers and so dont get it!

Vicky :luv:
Vicky 🐾🐾

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2010, 12:22:44 PM »
Hope you both have a lovely day today and will keep everything crossed for your girl tomorrow. Let us know how she gets on  :luv:

Lisa
x
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline BabyB

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 01:51:39 PM »
Have a lovely day by the beach today.

I'll be thinking of you and Tyler tomorrow  :luv:
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2010, 02:06:50 PM »
Have a wonderful day, and lots of good wishes for tomorrow.

Offline Cocoa

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2010, 03:14:30 PM »
Just want to say how sorry I am that you and Tyler are going through this and I will be thinking of her and hoping she feels better very soon.  I think you have made the right decision especially in view of Tyler's age.  My story:-

My Lucy had anal glad cancer which started off as a small growth but increased in size quite quickly and it was diagnosed as adenocarcinoma.  She had an operation to remove the tumour plus the anal glands themselves.  We didn't have chemo or any other type of drugs, the vet felt it wouldn't make a lot of difference to this type of cancer.  Unfortunately we lost Lucy 15 months after her original operation but she had a good 15 months with no problems but unfortunately the tumour came back again and she became quite unwell.  I am sorry to tell you this story because I am sure that it isn't what you want to hear.  I am still in touch with the lady who owns Lucy's brother and he had the same thing diagnosed although he was a lot older when he got it.  He had the same operation as Lucy and the vet said it would give him another year, that was 2 years ago!  He is still going strong and nearly 14.

Give Tyler a gentle little hug from us.  :luv:

Jackie & Cocoa

Offline kaycee

• Wow!!!
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2010, 04:48:16 PM »
I really feel for you at the moment its an owners worst nightmare,my husband deals with a natural cancer clinic all the time and many canines with cancer with support you can lengthen & improve their lives depending on each indevidual case, :blink: hopeing all goes well for you  kx.

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2010, 05:49:59 PM »
Vicky, our thoghts are with you as well as with Tyler tomorrow........it will be an ordeal for you.  Fingers and everything else crossed for a really happy outcome.  :luv: :luv: :luv:
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2010, 07:59:04 PM »
All the positive thoughts I can possibly send are being sent to Tyler for tomorrow.  Hope everything goes well.  Will be thinking of you both.

Offline Tyler

• Vicky
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010, 06:08:41 PM »
Tylers had her op this morning and the vets rung to say everything went well, they are keeping her in overnight as a precaution so we can pick her up tomorrow!  Thank goodness! :luv:
Vicky 🐾🐾

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2010, 06:38:44 PM »
I'm sure Tyler will be so pleased to see you tomorrow, so glad it went well today.  :blink:
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline BabyB

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 06:59:29 PM »
I'm glad Tyler is doing ok  ;)
I expect you'll be at the vets at dropping off time (8am at ours) to collect her  :D
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2010, 07:20:09 PM »
Good to have the op over and done with.  You will be desperate to get her back in the morning  :luv:

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 07:59:05 PM »
So pleased everything went well.  Looking forward to hearing that she is back home safe & well.

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2010, 08:12:16 PM »
really pleased to hear that Tylers' Op went well   :luv:
Hope she has a comfortable night & is back home with you soon  :angel:
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2010, 08:18:48 PM »
Hope her recovery is quick. :luv:
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.