Author Topic: Thornit Ear Powder  (Read 6063 times)

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Thornit Ear Powder
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2004, 10:56:27 PM »
Anyone guide me on what a "pinch" is in this case?

Alfies ears are always coated in orangey/brown wax, although not smelling or itching so i thought Id give Thornit a try. It arrived today so I used it. I used a teaspoon handle so it was only a small scoop but now the smell from that is turning my tum :( Have I used too much or should it smell that strong?

Caroline and Alfie

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Thornit Ear Powder
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2004, 11:09:56 PM »
Thornit does have a strong smell but it's not one I dislike or maybe you just get used to it after a while ;)

Jane
Jane

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Thornit Ear Powder
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2004, 11:11:42 PM »

I quite like the smell too, although I remember Gill saying it makes her heave. :D  

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Thornit Ear Powder
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2004, 11:20:50 PM »
Yep, me too, I like the smell ;)  
Mary & Lottie x

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
Thornit Ear Powder
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2004, 11:36:31 PM »
I think it smells quite medical so this gives me confidence that it doing good lol  :ph34r:  I also like it  :D

Touch wood we havent had any ear probs with Jessie but we got a bottle of thornit when we bought all our puppy essentials....only had to use it a few times as a preventitive measure tho.....does it go out of date?

Cheers Janey x

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Thornit Ear Powder
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2004, 12:21:01 AM »
I quite like the smell too, although I remember Gill saying it makes her heave. :D
I don't mind the smell of it either, but OH can't stand it.
If I have to use it I try and do so first thing after he's gone to work in the morning, even then he can stil smell it when he gets home.
It is a bit of a battle in my house, because I want to use it for Meg's ear and it makes him feel ill. I know who I think should suffer the least  ;)  :lol:  

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
Thornit Ear Powder
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2004, 12:25:59 AM »
I don't mind the smell of it either, but OH can't stand it.
If I have to use it I try and do so first thing after he's gone to work in the morning, even then he can stil smell it when he gets home.
It is a bit of a battle in my house, because I want to use it for Meg's ear and it makes him feel ill. I know who I think should suffer the least  ;)  :lol:
All I can say is Im struggling to keep dinner down and thats after I used it at 10am this morning :(

But at least I now know its meant to smell so strong so I can stop worrying Ive used too much - thanks for the reasurrances :)
Caroline and Alfie

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
Thornit Ear Powder
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2004, 01:20:41 PM »
Hi Caroline,

At last a kindred spirit  :D !  I can't stand the smell of Thornit either and I have never met anyone else who feels the same - everyone else seems to love it :o .   So that's you, me, Gill and Michele's OH....wonder if we have anything else  in common  :blink:  ;)  :lol: ?

I still use Thornit ocasionally though, as it does seem to do the job.  I can smell it for 3 or 4 days afterwards though :( .  

We must just be extra-sensitive people  ;)  :lol: .

Sue  

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Thornit Ear Powder
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2004, 04:02:46 PM »
:) Caroline - I was told to use a little on the end of a teaspoon and that's what I do.  I actually like the smell of it, but I guess, its a bit like perfume, we all have different tastes !  :)  
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
Thornit Ear Powder
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2004, 04:18:54 PM »
Hi Caroline,

At last a kindred spirit  :D !  I can't stand the smell of Thornit either and I have never met anyone else who feels the same - everyone else seems to love it :o .   So that's you, me, Gill and Michele's OH....wonder if we have anything else  in common  :blink:  ;)  :lol: ?

I still use Thornit ocasionally though, as it does seem to do the job.  I can smell it for 3 or 4 days afterwards though :( .  

We must just be extra-sensitive people  ;)  :lol: .

Sue
Extra extra sensitive in this case - its triggered a migraine :(

Strong smells have that effect on me, worse case scenario is being in a lift or on a bus with someone who is wearing thick makeup (I can smell it) and a perfume like Poison - I will be gagging and have to get off or suffer the migraine later in the day :(
Caroline and Alfie

Offline Laura

• Site Member
Thornit Ear Powder
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2004, 04:20:23 PM »
I'm glad I like the smell of Thornit as even days later - I can smell it when Brogan and Bailey run past me on a walk outside!  Dread to think what it would be like if I disliked it!!  
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Thornit Ear Powder
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2004, 04:47:54 PM »
Extra extra sensitive in this case - its triggered a migraine :(

:( Sorry to hear that Caroline - hope you feel better soon x  :)  
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"