Author Topic: Teeth  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Louis

• Site Member
Teeth
« on: January 09, 2005, 05:33:59 PM »
Hi everyone

Louis is 16 months and seems to have nice white teeth.  In order to keep them like this i have recently acquired a tube of logic oral hygiene gel which i have applied to his teeth today for the first time.  It says i should do this once or twice a day! I didn't realise i would have to clean his teeth this often.  Just wondered how often you guys cleaned your cockers teeth :D  :D

Gemma&Louis  

Penel

Teeth
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 07:23:05 PM »
Louis is 16 months and seems to have nice white teeth. In order to keep them like this i have recently acquired a tube of logic oral hygiene gel which

or - you could feed raw meaty bones which keep them really clean naturally  :D  

Offline Curtisio

• Site Member
Teeth
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 07:43:51 PM »
We give Kyro rawhide chew sticks and bone, and clean his teeth. Hopefully this will keep them white. We usually brush his teeth every other day when we groom him.

Paul - Kyro - Daisy & Cookie (cats)

Offline Louis

• Site Member
Teeth
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 08:52:52 AM »
sorry if this sounds stupid but what kind of raw bones could i give him?

Gemma&Louis

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Teeth
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 10:13:39 AM »
I never cleaned my last cockers teeth and his were white and tarter free all his life (ok so he died at ten so they may have needed it later if he had lived)

I fed him on kibble and raw bones as I do Alfie. The only bones I can get are cow ribs.They are quite meaty so he gets one for lunch a couple of times a week. If I cant get them then a raw chicken wing does. However I wouldnt advise giving a chicken wing when they are teething as Alfie managed to Gulp one down without crunching it enough and managed to throw it up and choked :( However now he has his teeth hes fine with them :)
Caroline and Alfie

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Teeth
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 12:28:15 PM »

Has anyone tried Plaque Off to clean their dogs teeth ? I've seen the adverts for it and wondered if it was any good - putting powder in your dogs food has got to be easier than using a brush. I never feel like I can get to all the teeth properly with all the reluctant wriggling Jimmy and Misty do.

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Teeth
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 08:30:23 PM »
Has anyone tried Plaque Off to clean their dogs teeth ? I've seen the adverts for it and wondered if it was any good - putting powder in your dogs food has got to be easier than using a brush. I never feel like I can get to all the teeth properly with all the reluctant wriggling Jimmy and Misty do.
I've been using it for a few weeks now and I am starting to notice a difference. I still brush their teeth everyday but the plaque must be softening because Vegas' back teeth look a bit better.  
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
Teeth
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2005, 01:56:05 AM »
sorry if this sounds stupid but what kind of raw bones could i give him?

Gemma&Louis
You could ask the butcher for bones (not chicken bones though obviously) if you are interested in feeding raw bones. I know Penel feeds her dogs on a raw diet so she would know more, you could pm her  :)  

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
Teeth
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2005, 05:33:18 PM »
I can't clean Bily's teeth, he wont keep still, he thinks its a game and just bites the tooth brush  <_<

i persevered for weeks but he never changed just won't get used to me putting something in his mouth that is not meant for him to chew. Don't know what else to do. Now, instead, has has a dentastix every day and lots of rawhide chews. Last week he had a check up at the vets with his annual booster and the vet said he had beautiful teeth.  :D