Author Topic: Worried. Fraser hasn't pooped since yesterday morning  (Read 409 times)

Offline tritonx

Worried. Fraser hasn't pooped since yesterday morning
« on: January 07, 2011, 05:19:47 PM »
Usually he's a champion poop master and goes first thing in the morning, later on his walk after breakfast, sometimes a couple of times. I took him for a long walk yesterday in the early afternoon and he didn't poop which is very unusual and then this morning, lots of walking around, but nothing. As far as I could see, he didn't pee either. Otherwise he's perky, and right now, sitting on my foot as I type as he's confused why he's not getting his breakfast as per usual routine. I don't want to put more food in unless some comes out. He's not a great drinker, but when he does, he slurps a lot at a time. He drank as recently as last night. As I say, he's perky and was just racing through his commands with enthusiasm (another routine, we practice), and seems to want his food. Help? In the meantime, I think I'll give him a couple of spoonfuls of pumpkin.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Worried. Fraser hasn't pooped since yesterday morning
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 06:28:09 PM »
If you're sure that he's his usual self I'd try giving him half his normal breakfast and review the situation in a couple of hours or so.

Did he have anything different to eat yesterday and is there any chance he might have pooped and had a pee during his walk without you noticing? My William is sometimes very discreet and sneaks behind bushes :005:

Offline tritonx

Re: Worried. Fraser hasn't pooped since yesterday morning
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 06:42:29 PM »
He's not shy about doing it wherever and he was on leash yesterday, so I would have seen him do it. I've given him a couple of spoons of pumpkin and will give him half rations of his regular food and take him out for a walk. He's begging for a walk right now, so I'll see what he does when he's out. Always a bit worrying when the usual routine of excretion changes.