Author Topic: Benji  (Read 972 times)

Offline dog2

• Site Member
Benji
« on: January 18, 2005, 12:27:37 AM »
Benji has had lumps for ages now.the vet said they werent to worry about and the largest one he would remove when benj had lost some weight.But he seems to get more lumps all the time.they are wobbly and can move about and are all over him.what are they and how many will he get as he is only 7 this year,so young to be covered in wobbly lumps.2 are where his collar goes.1 under his tummy(this one bothers him)1 HUGE one on his chest,1 on his thigh,1 on his shoulder.They are appearing all the time it seems. :(  

Offline PennyB

Benji
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 12:55:46 AM »
Could they be fatty lumps. Your vet should've explained what he thought they were.

I've seen a cat with these but not a dog.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Benji
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 07:29:25 AM »
My old cocker used to get these. Everytime a new one sprouted, I would get it checked out to be on the safe side but they were all fatty lumps. I just left them alone and kept an eye on them with the intention of removing any that caused him any real bother.  
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline tterrii

• Site Member
Benji
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 08:40:39 AM »
hi, i have a 5 year old cocker, who had lumps, i thought they were fatty lumps, some were, but the vet had the lumps sent off.and they came back as a lump called sterile panniculitis. it may be worth mentioning to your vet, my dog will have these for life, and we were told this condition could be caused through  having him vaccinated, his underlying skin tissue seems to over react. and we get lumps come up.these lumps will not kill him, but everytime a lump comes up it does need to be checked, as if left they can turn into cancer. i hope this helps you with benji, and like i have said it may be woth mentioning it to your vet.but this sterile panniculitis is very rare and not much is known on this condition.
hope benji 's lumps improve and hope it's not what my dog has.good luck to you and benji :rolleyes:  

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Benji
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 04:25:31 PM »
Goldie has a couple of smallish lumps that are just fatty tissue.
They dont cause her any problems so the vet has said to leave them alone.
I always get lumps checked, just to be safe.