Author Topic: Jazz To Be Spayed  (Read 964 times)

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Jazz To Be Spayed
« on: January 20, 2005, 05:41:22 PM »
After the terrible time Jazz had going through her season, i have decided its the best option to have her spayed.  :(  I found it very difficult to deal with, and her moods and behaviour must have been doing havoc with her head as well.

Even after the season, with the phantom, she never seemed to settle down, and it has been really difficult to deal with.

I am fairly confident she has settled back down now from the problems we had at Christmas, so the timing is right.

I would like to hear if they have expeirenced a drastic change in behaviour, as she is very loving, and i would hate for that to change, although i would love it, if she stopped humping me at every opportunity.

Shes booked in for her operation next Thursday. I am nervious about the operation, although i know its so common. I will continue to feed her on burns and JWB and watch her weight, and condition of coat.
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline PennyB

Jazz To Be Spayed
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 06:14:51 PM »
I haven't noticed any change in behaviour after Ruby's spay (she's just as sweet as she always was). Her coat thought got woolier but as it was clipped anyway I found I just get it clipped a little more often than I did before (and it would be a lot better if she wasn't such a wuss at letting me groom her).

I haven't had any problems with weight on her as she's on Burns. I also give her evening primrose oil.

Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
Jazz To Be Spayed
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 06:15:25 PM »
Hi There

Aww sorry to hear Jazz had a bad time.  :(

We have had Jessie spayed and apart from watching her weight more now and dealing with her clumpy hairy legs her temperament hasn't changed at all.  :)

She took the operation in her stride and was up and about the same night. It was all we could do to try and stop her jumping up on the sofa. I think she forgot she had stitches  :ph34r:

You are bound to be worried but she will be fine  :D

Cheers

Jane

Offline mum of kimmi

• Site Member
  • some days are harder than others!!
Jazz To Be Spayed
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 10:26:42 PM »
Kimmi was spayed at the end of October - no problems with her behaviour (still as mad and scatty as ever!!).

The only problem we had was after her stitches were removed she tended to lick constantly and ended up with a very sore tummy.

If you look on the photo gallery, there is a photo of kimmi sporting the latest in anti-lick fashion namely one of my son's vest t-shirt which stopped her licking at her stitches, and also stopped mud and drips from being flicked up under her tummy whilst out on a short walk.

Hope Jazz recovers well from her op - Kimmi says its not that bad!!

Kimmi's mum

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Jazz To Be Spayed
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 10:43:38 PM »
:) Hi Cathy!

Where you been hiding??? :rolleyes:

I have had two german shepherd before we got Indie, both we had speyed and it didn't make any difference to their temperaments atall :)

I know how you feel about the phantom Indi had one after her first season, still waiting for season number 2, then possibly will get her speyed 3 months after that :)

Give Jazz a big cuddle B)

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Jazz To Be Spayed
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2005, 10:53:11 PM »
I had Goldie spayed after her first season and she recovered very fast.
I have to watch her weight, being a lab she will eat anything :rolleyes: , but she is now on Burns and her weight is good.
She had a lovely sweet temperament before the op and it stayed the same :)
Jazz will be up and about before you know it.....she'll be fine.

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Jazz To Be Spayed
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 09:27:46 AM »
Ive had all my bitches speyed, and never had any problems, they were all back to normal   in a couple of days,  temperaments didn't change  either. the little x cairn yorkie was a bolshie little madam before      :rolleyes:   and stayed the same after. We did have to watch the weight especialy the labs,  but we were watching it before speying anyway.  :rolleyes:

Give her a cuddle from me,  Nell said to tell her it didn't bother her at all, she came haring out of the surgery and jumped into the car before her mum and dad could stop her.    :P  

* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Jazz To Be Spayed
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005, 05:00:09 PM »
:) Hi Cathy - sorry to hear about the problems with Jazz.

I had Georgie spayed after her first season and she had no problems.  It didn't change her character in any way.  Her coat is a bit more woolly but certainly not bad.  I do have to watch her weight though as she did gain quite a lot.

Good luck with Jazz - big hug for her  :) x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"