Author Topic: Tinker needs a check up I think :( Updated pg 2 ;)  (Read 4920 times)

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
Re: Tinker needs a check up I think :( Updated pg 2 ;)
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2011, 07:16:34 PM »
Hugs to tinker :luv:
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2011, 09:09:21 PM »
Just seen this Lindsey, hope Tinker feels better very soon. :luv:

Don't blame yourself at all, if anything you should be proud of yourself - Tinker didn't show any real signs of being ill, but you knew that something wasn't right, that just shows how dedicated and such a loving owner you are. :D
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2011, 11:18:25 PM »
Only just able to post, but am so pleased it's something reasonably straight forward for them to treat! Fingers crossed you're seeing some improvement soon and tinkers spring is soon back in her step! As for u feeling guilty?! Pah! Don't be a donut, u picked up on this from zilch to go on, tinker couldn't have a better mum!
Xx
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2011, 11:23:18 PM »
thanks guys - you're the best  :luv:  :bigarmhug:

She's much better already today - I can tell cos she back to pilfering again  :005:  .....socks & hair scrunchie already been stolen of me this evening  :fear2:  :luv:  & she's thoroughly enjoyed her slim fast hoof!!     :lol2:
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2011, 11:32:11 PM »
Love to you and Tinker :luv: Glad she is feeling a little better and up to her old tricks ;)
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline eljaybee1956

• Site Member
  • Dad's busy...Can I take your message?
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2011, 11:33:16 PM »
She's much better already today - I can tell cos she back to pilfering again  :005: 

:rofl1: :rofl1: :clapping: :dance04: Way to go Miss Tinker!!  :lol2:
So glad to hear that Miss Tinks is back on the road to recover.

El & Master Jeeves.
"Cockers are LOVE on four paws, & LOVE comes in many colours" - Carol Lee DAWSON (Breeder)

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2011, 12:04:12 AM »
Wee monkey! :005:

So glad she is feeling so much better, it's funny how we feel better when they start stealing and acting up again! :lol2:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2011, 09:13:59 AM »
are i am so please she is feeling better

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2011, 10:26:58 PM »
 :clapping: :clapping:

I'm not getting a chance to get online much at the mo but SO thrilled to read your latest update :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: xxxx

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline sazzysue

• Donator
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2011, 12:00:52 AM »
Sorry to have missed this Linds, but I'm so happy to hear that she's on the mend  :luv: :-*

Sue & Marlo

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2011, 12:04:39 AM »
Sorry to have missed this Linds, but I'm so happy to hear that she's on the mend  :luv: :-*
thanks Sue - she's doing really well & coped fine on a walk today  :luv:
Hope you're keeping well too hun   :bigarmhug:  (& Marlo of course!  :luv:

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2011, 11:58:57 PM »
Spoke a little too soon  :'(
Went for a check up today (yesterday now  :lol2: ) & temperaure still high & vet thinks she either has a touch of inhalation pnuemonia  (what her palate op was supposed to prevent  :-\ ) or possibly our old friend lungworm  >:D  Being treated for both so should hopefully she should start to feel much better soon  :luv:
Feel like giving myself a :buttkick: because lungworm crossed my mind but as Tinkers not a scavenger, didn't really think it could be that .....wrong!!  Vet said studies carried out on rain water puddles show most to be infected with the lungworm parasite (gave me stats but can't remember  ph34r )  He also said he'd inherited a dog from another surgery?? already quite poorly inc fits - only when it had MRI scan did it show the lungworm had migrated to it's brain - vets are still learning all the time about this one, & as ours said, if a dog came in suffering fits, lungworm wouldn't even come to mind as a possible cause  :dunno:
New study being done & more evidence on the more unusual cases is wanted. I was asked for permission for Purdeys case to be included - hopefully with new studies they'll get this very serious condition invetsigated fully & all vets will have a universal treatment/prevention plan that all of them will follow  ;)

Offline eljaybee1956

• Site Member
  • Dad's busy...Can I take your message?
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2011, 12:04:40 AM »
I was asked for permission for Purdeys case to be included - hopefully with new studies they'll get this very serious condition invetsigated fully & all vets will have a universal treatment/prevention plan that all of them will follow  ;)

Hi Linds, sorry I is confused....thought it was Miss Tinker that was being treated????. I hope Miss Purdey isn't
poorly as well????
"Cockers are LOVE on four paws, & LOVE comes in many colours" - Carol Lee DAWSON (Breeder)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2011, 10:06:52 AM »
Oh Lindsey, poor Tinker :'(

I hope the treatments work quickly and Tinker is back to normal as soon as possible :luv:. Will they be able to tell you for definite if it's pneumonia or lungworm?

Lawrie, I think Lindsey might have been asked if Purdey's case (when she had lungworm and it wasn't diagnosed for a while and caused complications if I remember rightly) can be included in the study.

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2011, 02:22:29 PM »
Awww Tinker  :luv: :luv: :luv: What are we going to do with you hunny?  Don't beat yourself up Linds, you always do whats best for your girls, and you can't foresee everything.... As you say, if Tinker's not that much of a scavenger, and I guess you have far more of an idea what she's up to than say Purdey  :luv: or Livie  :luv: why would you really pursue it as an idea. 
Lungworm  >:D >:D >:D Such a nasty little thing, but you've made me realise Maggie is overdue so will be getting something for her now.  Trouble is what I guess, hear so many conflicting things about what to use for prevention.... off to do some reading methinks! 
Gentle squidges for your gorgeous girl from me and Maggie.... Maggie even volunteered the rest of her ice cream from yesterday (took half off and lobbed it in the the freezer before she exploded!) once little Tinks is on the mend and her diet  ph34r is not so stringent! 
Hope the meds kick in very soon hun and your girl is feeling her old self again  :luv: :luv:
xx
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown