Author Topic: Last update on this thread: Cancer question UPDATE: Cancer diagnosis confirmed  (Read 4845 times)

Offline Megan Ffion

• Megan Ffion
Re: Cancer question UPDATE: Cancer diagnosis confirmed
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2011, 11:07:51 AM »
Our heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you, your neighbour and with Tarka.  Thank you both for be so willing and ready to help this little one in its hour of need.

May God bless you both.

Love

C&G  and Megan   XXX
Remembering Our Sweet Megan

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2011, 11:50:39 AM »
That is awfully sad - I really hope he allows Tarka to stay with your neighbour where she can be well looked after  :-\
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2011, 12:44:31 PM »
A really sad tale :'(  Well done to you and your neighbour for at least making her remaining time as comfortable and loving as possible :luv:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2011, 01:05:14 PM »
A really sad tale :'(  Well done to you and your neighbour for at least making her remaining time as comfortable and loving as possible :luv:

What Lesley says. This story has mad me feel very angry and sad. :'(
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2011, 01:19:42 PM »
I'm not doing much at all - my neighbour is the one that is looking after her :-\ I'm gutted I can't offer do more to be honest, unfortunately timing couldn't be worse as we're in the middle of a large building project and my lot (kids and dogs) are penned into a small area of the garden for the next few months which I can't divide further and we're going to be down to 1.5 rooms downstairs for a while soon too. So whereas usually I'd have the space to manage her along with my current two and the kids, I just don't at the moment. I've no idea what she's like with kids and don't think she's ever really been around them, but now is not really the time to test her and as she becomes more ill she'll obviously become more unpredictable and arguably exposing her to a very hectic family household that she's never experienced before might do her more harm than good. She has had a pop at my neighbours dog, but I suspect food was involved - my neighbour is used to placid retired greyhounds that don't guard and aren't food motivated. We'll have to see how things pan out over the next few weeks, I'll offer to do what I can and just go from there :-\ It sounds like her owner (for all the other problems) can't deal with the emotional side of all this or doing the right thing either...  >:(

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline Eve

• Donator
    • www.yvonnehughes.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2011, 01:22:22 PM »
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Eve xx

Offline Poppypuppy09

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2011, 01:22:31 PM »
I echo this too at least little Tarka will have love and comfort  :luv:

Offline fiona2

• Donator
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2011, 02:13:09 PM »
such a sad tale sending hugs to you all  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2011, 02:27:45 PM »
I'm sorry to hear of the diagnosis :-\  I really hope she can stay with your neighbour for the time she has left :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Ralu A

• Elmo
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2011, 03:00:09 PM »
I'm sorry for little Tarka :'(  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Life is just better with two cockers :D
Raluca, Elmo and Scai
IMG_33556 by Ralu A

Offline Manster62

• Dylan and Daisy
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2011, 04:37:57 PM »
So sad  :'( - I really hope that Tarka's last days are happy ones. My thoughts are with you and your neighbour  :bigarmhug:
Dylan - b: January 2010  and  Daisy - b: March 2011
RIP Meggie - b: February 1997  - d: December 2009

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2011, 10:53:25 PM »
Hannah... you've a heart the size of a planet  :luv: Such a sad story, but here's hoping the time little Tarka has left is as happy and stressfree as possible with your neighbour and you taking care of her.
 :bigarmhug:'s from me and Maggie
xxx
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2011, 02:05:05 PM »
Well last little update on this thread..

I won't go into to many details as I'm still fuming but Tarka's 'owner' had her back for a couple of days and in that time tried to get her hit by a car as he 'just wants it over'. My neighbour took her back and suggested he says his goodbye's to her and so that's that now. She's here for good... :luv: I dog sat her for a little while last night and she's absolutely wonderful.. typical happy cocker. She smothered the kids and me constantly with kisses, doesn't sit still for a second, body barges for cuddles constantly, can jump onto a table from a sit without any notice and she's wonderfully canny and norty :lol: :lol: We took her and Dave out this morning and once she'd told him off for trying to bonk her 3 times (that's ma boy :011:) he gave up, moved on and they got on like a house on fire. They were inseparable all walk and hunted their little hearts out, swam in a very disgusting pond and rolled in all manner of dirt (much to my neighbours horror :lol: :luv:) She's very biddable and focused, picked up on Dave's whistle quickly, so wonderful and so my kind of dog - she reminds me of Trev very much.. :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: Other than the lumps on her belly you wouldn't know for a second she has anything wrong with her at the moment - she's happy, carefree, fit, very well muscled and 100 mph  :luv: so for now so we'll give her all that we can over the next few weeks and months until she's not happy and then gently help her when the time is right :luv:

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
I can't believe the "owner" could be so callous (I can really but am constantly surprised by how horrible some people can be !)
I won't type the word but i've got a name for him!
My gorjuss Genny-boy lived a good few years with his cancer before we had to say good-bye, his quality of life was really good right up to the end, so i hope this little girl gets some quality time with your neighbour,
All the best steff
xxx
ps thats made me cry :'(

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
I can't believe the "owner" could be so callous (I can really but am constantly surprised by how horrible some people can be !)
I won't type the word but i've got a name for him!

It made me cry aswell  :'( :'( x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x