Author Topic: Whats this on Blue's foot?  (Read 907 times)

Offline Xensgirl

• Site Member
Whats this on Blue's foot?
« on: August 30, 2011, 09:57:02 AM »
Wonder if anyone has any ideas as to what this is between Blue's toes on his back foot?  Sorry about the photo, had to take it on my mobile - daughter has pinched my camera!

This 'lump' although its not really a lump, more of a small swelling, about half the size of a pea, skin on it quite dry and flaky and is very 'squidgy' as if its full of puss or something.......and looks as if it would probably burst if I squeezed it (which I actually want to do but don't know if I should) -  Blues not bothered by it at all, no chewing, licking or anything.

Another grass seed?  >:( although I brush them every night and check feet/armpits etc but maybe I missed one somehow. 

Any ideas?  thanks Julie Rio and Blue  ;)

Offline Misty Roan

• Donator
Re: Whats this on Blue's foot?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 10:02:53 AM »
Looks a bit like a wart, my old springer used to get one on her head, but probably should check with your vet, I guess it could be anything I'm no expert. :blink:
Misty 3.6.2011 - 1.11.2016

Offline SkyeandOllie

• Ollie and Jess
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 10:44:59 AM »
possibly a grass seed,  looks very like the one my GSD had a while back.  Helens Jarvis had one where she managed to get it to come out without him having to visit the vet,  here is the thread

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=84285.0

Offline jennyspin

• Site Member
  • my gorgeous Boyd & Jitka at Master Groom 2012
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 10:46:22 AM »
I admit that my lot have never had ticks but it couldn't be an engorged tick could it, or is it the wrong colour?
Sandlauga cockers
Never assume anything...except an occasional air of intelligence! The Sheriff to Guy of Gisbourne (Richard Carpenter, Robin or Sherwood, Rip 27/02/2012, a writing talent who will be missed).

Offline catcmartin

• Site Member
  • Hamish
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 10:52:15 AM »
Kinda reminds me of the one and only tick Charlie ever managed to have. 
Cathy
Belle my Angel 22-09-09
Charlie my Angel 11-12-2014
Hamish latest addition

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 11:09:00 AM »
that's what Jarv's grass seed started off looking like - don't think its a tick as it looks too pink and I can't see any little legs, but check that first  ;)
helen & jarvis x

Offline Xensgirl

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 02:14:04 PM »
Thanks for the replies....I've had a look at the link also, will have a go at bathing it - truly don't want another very expensive visit to the vet...!! if it was on/in his ear or eye area then that would be different.  I've got a very good friend with Vizslas who knows all sorts so might email her too.

Its definately not a wart, too pink and too soft, and absolutely not a tick either - they are Frontlined too often to get fleas and ticks anyway....so I guess this is a grass seed again...b***dy things  >:D and as I brush them every night its a bit of a swine how I missed this one. >:(   AAAARRRRGH I HATE GRASS SEEDS!!!!!

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 02:17:00 PM »
Silica and hep sulph  ;)  strongly recommend it  :D
helen & jarvis x

Offline Megan Ffion

• Megan Ffion
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 06:07:51 PM »
Might also be an inter digital cyst, but as Blue is not licking it I have my doubts, so is probably a grass seed.

Bathing in slightly salted water helps to keep it clean.  A visit to the vets is most probably the best answer.

Hope you can get it sorted soon.

Love,

Gwyneth Colin and Megan   XXX
Remembering Our Sweet Megan