Author Topic: Worming disaster  (Read 408 times)

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
Worming disaster
« on: April 04, 2012, 01:26:19 PM »
Decided to worm both dogs and the cat this morning.  Pippa swallowed down her flavoured tablet no problem, but Barney spat his out and before I could do anything Pippa snaffled it up.  Now Pippa has just been sick.  I don't think it was because of the double worming dose but rather that I gave her a piece of frozen carrot which she virtually swallowed in one.  Please can anyone help with advice as to what to do now?  Obviously, I need to still worm Barney but will Pippa's double dose have dealt with her worms or has she brought the tablets up too soon?  There was a 5 hour gap between tablets and sick.

The cat's worming is also problematic.  She appears to have chewed the tablet but spat bits out into her bowl and I'm not sure how much, if any, she has swallowed.  Spot-on treatment for them all next time I think.

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Re: Worming disaster
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 01:30:23 PM »
You shouldn't need to worm Pippa again. The reps told us that as long as it stayed down for a couple of hours, it would do it's job.
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 01:33:59 PM »
Charlie is a nightmare with the spot on stuff - I have to do it when he's asleep otherwise he gets upset.
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 01:37:30 PM »
You shouldn't need to worm Pippa again. The reps told us that as long as it stayed down for a couple of hours, it would do it's job.

Thanks, that's good to know.

Offline LynneB

• a pile of dogs
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 02:40:43 PM »
I use liquid wormer and a syringe, at least then you know where it's going  :005:
Laelia Showdogs and Groomers