Author Topic: Advocate and a bath....  (Read 532 times)

Offline LottieLu

• Maisie ♡
    • Working Glass Jewellery
Advocate and a bath....
« on: April 14, 2012, 01:01:10 PM »
Maisie has rolled in fox poo this morning, for the second time this week  >:( so has just had a bath....again.

I'd treated her with Advocate after the bath earlier this week. I wasn't expecting to give her another bath so soon  >:( but believe me there was no way it wasn't happening this morning! :020:

Question is, do you think she's retained any benefit from the treatment?

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
Re: Advocate and a bath....
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 03:22:11 PM »
Not sure about the Advocate, but when Poppy rolls in Fox poo I don't always bath her!! (Bear with me!!!)

Just spread tomato ketchup very, very liberally over the pooey area and shower it off.  Then add sweet smelling shampoo just to that part - so not a complete bath, just the poo covered bits.

It works, takes the smell out and leaves her coat nice and fresh.

Just an idea instead of complete bath if you have a regular "poo roller!"
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline montydavies

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 05:39:19 PM »
My vet told me that as long as it had been on for at least 24 hours it was fine! Monty doesn't roll in poo, but he has had 3 baths in the last 10 days because he likes paddling and then digging, resulting in the most revolting muddy mess that would be spread all over the house before he dried off  >:D  Don't know why he won't do these activities the other way round!

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 06:49:56 PM »
I *think* on the Advocate instruction leaflet there is information regarding this,and in my rose zinfandel fuddled brain this evening,i think it is ok to get them wet after 48 hrs  :-\
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline LottieLu

• Maisie ♡
    • Working Glass Jewellery
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 07:01:30 PM »
Thank you for the tip Penny. I've not done the tommy ketchup trick...... yet  :005:. She usually manages to get it down at least one ear, usually both, one or both shanks and one side of her rump at least  >:(. By the time I've tried the hose job on the 'damaged' areas, it ends up everywhere and the thought of anything less than using liberal amounts of shampoo fills me with ....well you know  :lol2:

Thanks too Montydavies and Tony-UK, it was 48hrs so that's good news and very useful to know. Why don't I think to ask the vet useful questions like that  :005:. I hate using chemicals and to have done it and it have been a waste of time would be really annoying.