Author Topic: Watery eyes  (Read 15352 times)

Offline Poppysboss

• Site Member
Watery eyes
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2003, 10:01:08 PM »
Our dog, Poppy, is about nine or ten. We've had her about two years. I knew she had eye problems when I got her. It turned out to be entropion. It is serious and the corneas on each eye have ulcerated since we have had her. Last year she had surgery on the eyelids to lift the lashes off the eye surface. This has been partially sucessful. One proposal now is a full facelift, taking a star shaped flap of skin from the crown of the head. This would lift the face skin and ears. This seems a radical step. Has anyone else heard of this?                    

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Watery eyes
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2003, 10:06:39 PM »
Can@t say I have. Just wanted to say what a worry this must be for you and so so sore for poor Poppy. Hope whatever they do works for her.                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Watery eyes
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2003, 12:04:01 AM »
I hadn't heard of doggy facelifts until recently when a Cocker I trim had it done - she looks a different dog now & no longer has any problems with her eyes. I'm not sure whether she had entropion - all I know is she had a lot of excess heavy, skin on her head & had a lot of trouble with persistent eye infections.                    
Jane