Author Topic: Lots of poo - a mystery to solve  (Read 534 times)

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
Lots of poo - a mystery to solve
« on: November 20, 2012, 09:10:09 AM »
Last night I got up to let the cat about at about 2.30am and found she had pooed on the landing - 2 lots.  Came downstairs to get stuff to clean it up and found the dogs in the living room with a poo, a wee and a pile of sick on the floor.  The wee was definitely Pippa's as it was in the middle of the floor and Barney always cocks against something.  I thought the poo and sick were Pippa's too, but could be Barney.  I cleaned everything up and went back to bed.  When I got up at 6am, there was another pile of poo in the living room.  OH walked Barney at 7am and he did 5  :fear2: poos.

Does anyone have any ideas what's going on?  :dunno:

Additional info:

The poos were all solid.
Cat is 6 years old and hasn't pooed in house for about 4 years.
Pippa is an 18 month old cocker spaniel.  She is currently in season.
Barney is 2 and a half year old fauve.
Neither dog has pooed or weed in the house for at least a year.
The cat can't be responsible for downstairs poo/wee/sick as she never comes downstairs when the dogs are here and stairgate and door to living room were closed.

Is there anything to be worried about here?

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
Re: Lots of poo - a mystery to solve
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 09:20:31 AM »
Blimey that is a mystery  :-\  If they were sloppy I'd suggest a tummy bug but they all sound fine...... hopefully someone else will have a suggestion  :-\  If not I'd just keep an eye on them for next 24 hours or so.
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 02:26:51 PM »
Have you got a cat flap?  If so, maybe it was a strange cat that came in.  My neighbour was blaming her cat for poohing in the house, and it turned out, after some intense detective work home made 'cctv' that it was a feral cat that lived locally!

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 02:29:10 PM »
If it was cat poo surely the pooches would have devoured as in this household it is a sought after delicacy  :020: :lol2:
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 02:39:38 PM »
What was the vomit like? Was there anything in it.
Would understand Pippa and Barney's accident if it was them (Pippa being on heat) but the cat as well :huh:
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline karen488

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 02:40:19 PM »
I had the opposite this morning. I bagged up a poo at the beginning of the walk. When I came back the bag was torn and the poo had gone  :020:

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 02:51:29 PM »
Have you got a cat flap?  If so, maybe it was a strange cat that came in.  My neighbour was blaming her cat for poohing in the house, and it turned out, after some intense detective work home made 'cctv' that it was a feral cat that lived locally!

No cat flap.  Kira is let out and in through the upstairs window onto the kitchen roof.  The upstairs poo was definitely hers.

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 02:56:29 PM »
What was the vomit like? Was there anything in it.
Would understand Pippa and Barney's accident if it was them (Pippa being on heat) but the cat as well :huh:

I don't have a good idea what the vomit was like because one or other of the dogs had re-eaten most of it.  ph34r  There was nothing big left or identifiable left  behind.

I wonder if the cat was just freaked out by the smell coming from downstairs and decided to mask it with her own???  :dunno:

I was out at work this morning and have come home to a clean house on all fronts so hopefully it was just one of those things.  I hope so as I don't fancy another half hour cleaning carpets and floors in the middle of the night again.

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 05:31:15 PM »
Fingers crossed and :luv:
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010