Author Topic: 'period' pants  (Read 958 times)

Offline DarceyTheDog

• Shutterbugs of shadwell
'period' pants
« on: September 05, 2013, 09:16:54 PM »
Ok I'm considering a pair of period pants for our pooches next season. Last time our bed her bed and the cream livingroom carpet got stained, has anyone used them and how comfy are they? Also do you have to take them off do they can wee/poo?
Katie, Darcey and Mitsy

Offline MrsOmalley

• Donator
  • Bella and Millie born 01/10/2012
Re: 'period' pants
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 09:25:56 PM »
I used them for both our girls, they both wore them without any problems.  Can't comment on how comfy they are though!  You do have to remove them for toileting.  We used the Mikki ones from PAH.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 09:31:34 PM »
I put gemma in a pair of baby pants with a hole made for her tail and use panty liners in them. Did the same for my border terrier. Saves a lot of mess.
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 09:34:46 PM »
I used them for Millie and they do work well. Instead of buying the branded pads I used cheap panty liners cut in half  :shades:. Always took it off to go outside.

Millie

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 10:34:29 PM »
Yes, you definitely do need to take them off - my aunt bought a pair a few years back for her cocker girl, but unfortunately forgot about them when she let Bliss out into the garden to do the toilet. I'll let you guess the result ph34r :005:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline DarceyTheDog

• Shutterbugs of shadwell
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 10:53:33 PM »
Hehehe that made me giggle Jenny!
I like the idea of baby pants with panty liner could even try some of mine on the big brown bear formerly named mitsy when it's her turn lol
Katie, Darcey and Mitsy

Offline Rowan Liver Roan

• Rowan Liver Roan
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 04:48:18 PM »
Our vet recommended against using them. She said opinion favoured the bitch being able to lick to keep clean so to leave clear all the time. I was a bit nervous about the mess but I think we were lucky - it was mainly on the leather sofas and easily wipeable. That meant I could follow advice but maybe if the mess was that bad I'd have had to think again.
Proud to be owned by a cocker spaniel.

Offline Deb H

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 09:42:47 PM »
We used them for Dhali our gsp before she had to be spayed she is forever known as Mrs Knickers :005:
He is your friend,your partner,your defender,your dog. You are his life,his love,his leader. He will be yours,faithfull and true,to the last beat of his heart.You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.Anon.
Deb,Henry,Jasper & George angel babies. Sydney,Harry,Jethro,Dhali Hebe Seth Hades Moses

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2013, 10:41:19 PM »
We were in a holiday cottage in the Lake District when Ellie was in season.  The cottage had cream carpets so I used the pants on her.  She was fine with them and didn't seem to mind them at all.  I did only use them when we were in the cottage and took them off her when we went out.  No dogs bothered her at all while we were out and about.  When our last cocker, Sophie, was in season, we had dogs we had never seen before queueing at our gate!

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 10:11:42 AM »
Mollie wears my children's old knickers and pants - Buzz lightyear and Disney princess!!!  :005: :005: 

I just put a 'daily panty pad' in them and cut a hole out for the tail.  She only wears them in the evening when we go into our living room as it's got cream carpet.  The first night she has to wear them she tries to pull them off so we have to watch her.  The 2nd night she gets excited when seeing them as she knows we're off to the living room!!  :005: