Author Topic: Jessie Ears, Raw Feeding and a Great Result.  (Read 1347 times)

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
Jessie Ears, Raw Feeding and a Great Result.
« on: December 03, 2013, 07:15:29 PM »

Have been going to the vets with Jessie for ear infections and today was her 6 monthly check up. Four months ago I started to change her diet to a raw one, feeding Natural Instinct.   The vet said her ears were  clear no build of wax at all.   I know her raw diet costs more but her visits to the vet for her ear infections have cost £60/70.  Best of all  no discomfort with sore ears.

Erica.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Jessie Ears, Raw Feeding and a Great Result.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 07:30:16 PM »
Great news :D

I had exactly the same with William. Once I changed his diet to raw he stopped having itchy skin, lip fold infections and ear infections and has never had them since, so my vet bills have decreased a lot.

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 07:40:19 PM »
Great news :D

I had exactly the same with William. Once I changed his diet to raw he stopped having itchy skin, lip fold infections and ear infections and has never had them since, so my vet bills have decreased a lot.
  I spent the money yesterday and bought them new waterproof coats  :005:   

Erica.

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 08:21:06 PM »
I would love to change Brodie to a raw diet, but unfortunately her pancreatic episode has really affected her stomach :'(. The slightest change in her diet (and I do mean the slightest - even a little extra veg than normal upsets her) causes problems... A shame, considering her history of ear problems, but I've thought long and hard about it and decided it's too much of a risk to try :-\. Her system just can't take any changes.

I am going to get her allergy tested once her latest problems are sorted and the steroids are out her system - although if it turns out that something in her food is at the root of things I'm stuffed :P

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 08:47:10 PM »
 Natural Instinct do a special diet about 4% fat for dogs with Collitus IBS etc. http://www.naturalinstinct.com/products/Special-Diet.html

Erica

Offline Murphys Law

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 09:20:37 PM »
Murphy is on the puppy Natural Instinct and he absolutely loves it. He has only been on it for just over a week but already I can see a difference in his coat which seems to have gone a deeper colour and shinier.

It is great to see him get excited about his food again.

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 10:49:51 PM »
Natural Instinct do a special diet about 4% fat for dogs with Collitus IBS etc. http://www.naturalinstinct.com/products/Special-Diet.html

Erica

Yes, I've seen that and if I was going to try it that's what I'd go with - but she can't seem to handle any beef products at all. I may try it at some point in the future, once everything is settled (vet thinks she may be having a pancreatic upset because of the steroids so things are even more delicate than usual). It's a very hard balancing act, trying to do the right thing :-\.

One problem I see with the NI is the amount you have to buy, think I'm right in saying you can't buy less than 5kg? Not sure what I'd do with all that if it didn't suit her... I would need to find a small freezer anyway, so that adds to the cost! Would be ok if I knew it would suit her beforehand.

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Helly D

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 05:23:22 PM »
I had the same experience with Rose after switching to raw. No more ear infections, itchy skin or pyodema. Quite miraculous.