Author Topic: Zylkene advice ?  (Read 627 times)

Offline Jenn

• Oscar and Daisy
Zylkene advice ?
« on: October 31, 2015, 06:38:42 PM »
Would it be ok to give half a zylkene now at 6.30pm . Daisy petrified of the fireworks going off and all the trick or treaters. She has had a dose of 1 today but I stupidly  gave it at 8 am.  Dosage is 1 a day. Thanks

Offline Amethyst

• Photo of Etta our Red Cocker Spaniel
Re: Zylkene advice ?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 06:55:31 PM »
Hi I was asking the vet about these she said they are ok but don't last too long, she suggested the DAP diffuser which released pheromones. or a DAP collar. Hope this helps

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 08:28:10 PM »
Hopefully the fireworks have finished now, but something else that can help is a thundershirt, which is a fitted, soft coat designed to fit a dog closely and have a calming effect. If you don't want to buy a thundershirt, or want to get an idea of if it will work or not, try an old t shirt or a babygrow and see if she finds that calming. It needs to be a snug fit without being too tight.

Offline Jenn

• Oscar and Daisy
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 08:44:56 PM »
Thanks guys.

Offline carol pearson

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 01:08:52 PM »
My dog is not bothered about fireworks but I have read some rave reviews about a natural product called pet calm
on this site www.fenlandforager.co.uk

The guy is a brilliant herbalist and I have used some of his products you can also check his fb page Herbal Products for Pets and People. When I joined a few months ago there were less than 1000 on the page now he is so popular there are over 10.000 he is always ready to give advice as well.