Author Topic: Milly bleeding  (Read 642 times)

Offline Tracey Jane

• Site Member
  • We're just silly about Milly
Milly bleeding
« on: May 02, 2006, 09:36:37 AM »
For the last few days Milly has been licking herself and I haven't really taken that much notice.  Anyway last night before we went to bed she was licking herself again and so I thought I'd take a look to find out which bit was aggravating her.  When I turned her over I noticed that her bits  ::) were a bit sticky so I wiped her with some white tissue and found that it was a sticky bloody discharge!!!

I phoned the emergency vet and he told me to keep an eye on her overnight and make an appointment to see the Vet today.  In herself she is perfectly fine - doing everything she should and bouncing around as usual.

I just phoned the Vet and was told that after spaying this can sometimes happen as when they operate they clamp the cervix which can sometimes cause a blood clot which is then discharged. I've got to keep a check on her and then let them know if it worsens.
Has anybody else had experience or heard of this?

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
Re: Milly bleeding
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 09:41:25 AM »
Ah poor Millie. I haven't had experience of that, but Nance did bleed and weep quite a bit after her spay, after loads of tablets and many trips to the vets and sleepless nights they said she was allergic to the suture material and so her stitches wouldnt heal. They took them out and glued her up and she was much much better after that.

I hope Miss Millie is better soon, bless her cocker socks  :luv:  :luv:

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 09:49:19 AM »
One of my Labs had bleeding after being spayed, and she was fine  ;)

* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Tracey Jane

• Site Member
  • We're just silly about Milly
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 09:53:56 AM »
Thanks silkstocking  :blink:.  She was spayed 18 days ago and had the stitches out about 10 days ago and that's all cleared up nicely now  :luv:.

The blood she is discharging is similar to when she had her first season but it's not bright red it has a slightly browner tinge to it - so it makes sense what the vet said. I've never had a little girlie before, they're much more complicated than little boys  ph34r

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 10:51:14 AM »
Sorry to hear that Milly is having girlie problems.  The fact that the discharge is not bright red seems a good sign - when I had bleeding during a pregnancy I was told that brown bleeding was "old" blood and  not an indication of a serious problem.  It's so worrying when we love our dogs so much, isn't it?  Hope she's feeling ok and that things settle down soon.  Also, thanks for posting this as if Tilly (spayed four days ago) has a similar discharge I will have an idea what it might be and wont automatically think the worst  ::)!

Sue and Tilly