Author Topic: When does a bitch come into season?  (Read 962 times)

Offline Bonnie girl

• Site Member
  • My wee Bonnie Girl
When does a bitch come into season?
« on: December 12, 2006, 01:23:41 PM »
My Bonnie baby will be 6 months when she goes to stay at friends in the New Year.  She has to male cockers and she is very concerned that anything should happen.  I said not till around 9 months - is this right.

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
Re: When does a bitch come into season?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 01:33:39 PM »
All dogs come in to season at diffrent times!
Sophie come in season at 23 months her daughter's come in to season at 7 months and 14 months.
There are signs tho,sweeling of her little bit, sometimes aswell they will go of there food and wee alot.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 09:34:05 PM »
Bitches can really come into season anytime from about 6 months of age and sometimes it is hard to tell if they are in season or not so your friend may need to keep a very close eye on them while she is there  :-\
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 09:45:54 PM »
Given the circumstances, perhaps Bonnie would be better off in kennels? I am sure you will worry about her being with entire males while you are away, just in case......and it's a lot to ask of your friends dogs :(

I know all entire dogs are different, and Molo is really not bothered about the ladee's we meet, but even though he's laid back about it, I wouldn't be happy about a bitch in season in my house  :-\ The risk is that the males gets all worked up over her (which may lead to a more persistent chasing of bitches they happen to smell from then on), or worse, one manages to mate with Bonnie (a crate/gate won't stop a determined dog and bitch  ph34r)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club