Author Topic: Zak - Possible Diabetes Insipidus  (Read 2726 times)

Offline suzieq

• Site Member
Re: Zak - Possible Diabetes Insipidus- UPDATED
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 12:18:04 PM »
Picked Zak up from the vets last night and he hadn't managed to concentrate his urine to any significant extent so the diagnosis of Diabetes Insipidus was confirmed.
Have had an appointment with the vet this morning to discuss the diabetes and the treatment.
He is on 2 eye drops, twice a day - so if anyone has any tips on administering eye drops to a reluctant cocker they would be gratefully recieved :005:
Have to take him back in a month, with a sample, and they will test the concentration again and adjust the eyes drops if necessarry.
The vet says it will probably be a life long condition but as he fit and healthy in every other way it shouldn't affect his lifestyle ;)
Considering all the other things it could have been i'm quite relieved that this is the diagnosis , at least it isn't life threatning and it is manageable.
Thank you again everyone for all your kind thoughts and support. much appreciated, by me and by Zak!

sue, zak and strider
Your dog is a simpler version of you, only smaller, hairier and with a big wet tongue! (j.rose barber)

Offline jann

• Site Member
Re: Zak - Possible Diabetes Insipidus
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 06:55:48 PM »
 ;) I've only just spotted this post suzie, but I'm pleased that at least you now have a diagnosis for Zak and that it  is treatable.

:luv: to Zak  :-*

Jann and Flo  :luv:

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Re: Zak - Possible Diabetes Insipidus
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 07:34:19 PM »
Yes, I am relieved too, and I am sure you will get used to the eye drops eventually (both of you).