Author Topic: 13 yr old season  (Read 766 times)

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
13 yr old season
« on: May 04, 2008, 05:07:40 PM »
After years of not having a season Fern seems to believe that she is in season despite the fact she has not shown colour (maybe slightly swolen but not much - hey its all a bit baggy down there!!!). She is a 13 years young old lady!!

I think it may relate to the fact we have puppies in the house but she has managed to convince thorn that she is in season too and he is going crazy.

Although we are grinning and bearing it  i wandered if any one else had experianced this or is it just another quirk of the mad Fernlow cocker gang???? :005:

KR
Clare

Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: 13 yr old season
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 05:15:36 PM »
Has she been spayed or do you mean she's entire but hasn't had any seasons for years (which suggests a hormonal problem since unspayed bitches will carry on having seasons all their lives)?
Jane

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 05:19:59 PM »
She is entire. Just hasn't 'appeared' to have a season for 2 years or so.

Thorn is a complete male (we have the facilities ans room and are keeping them apart)

Clare
(ps - hi Jane)
Clare

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 06:05:12 PM »
I suppose she might have been having silent seasons or maybe there was a problem with her hormonal levels which has now righted itself making her come into season again. Anyway, if she thinks she's in season and your boy agrees, then she is ;)
Jane

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 08:20:23 PM »
Thanks Jane x  :lol2:
Clare