Author Topic: "Lucy" im so shocked  (Read 3327 times)

Offline Nuffi

• Site Member
Re: "Lucy" im so shocked
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 09:12:48 PM »
Jerry was around 18 kilos for a while (now between 16-17), but he's around 18'' tall  :blink:

I wonder if i actually keep Jarvis a bit too skinny then ph34r he's 18.5" tall, and i don't like him above 15.5kg. Infact i've just cut down his food again, 'cos he'd gained a wee bit and looked too barrell shaped for my liking. ph34r

Oh! At 16 kilos (this was after he had some tummy trouble and I cut down any table scraps etc) I definitely thought he was getting too thin, as I could really feel the ribs (I'll never understand just how MUCH you should be able to feel the ribs  :huh:). I've just increased his food to keep him around 17 kilos.

This is how he looks (always difficult to tell with all the hair  ph34r) , but does this look ok?

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x231/Nuffelini/IMG_0952-1.jpg

or

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x231/Nuffelini/IMG_1110.jpg  (sorry, Kalu, don't want to hijack your thread!)

Veronika, with Jerry & Bonnie

Offline kalem

• Limited Member
  • Me and my Gal xx
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 09:44:11 PM »
Hi Nuffi, dont apologise its nice to know what other Cockers weigh, and an interesting post.
I think your little man looks just great, i can see now that although Lucy dosent look fat it does show she is carrying extra weight cuz although i can feel her ribs i can also feel loose skin mostly on her back,  :'( so its defo cut back time  :D

"My World is Orange" with a few blonde highlights
To the world my Cocker is just a dog, to me my Cocker is the World

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 10:09:52 PM »
Hi Nuffi, dont apologise its nice to know what other Cockers weigh, and an interesting post.
I think your little man looks just great, i can see now that although Lucy dosent look fat it does show she is carrying extra weight cuz although i can feel her ribs i can also feel loose skin mostly on her back,  :'( so its defo cut back time  :D

Actually that's a good point about the back - the last bit to go on Norms was across the top of her shoulders - it was like an exaggerated scruff and she actually had to go through a phase where you could see her ribs for a bit to loose that. Now she is sleek all over and you cant really see her ribs apart from during extreme moves  :005: So maybe lucy is carrying it more on top, so to speak?

Hannah xx

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline kalem

• Limited Member
  • Me and my Gal xx
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 10:26:54 PM »
So maybe lucy is carrying it more on top, so to speak?

Hannah xx

:005: :005: :005: Wish i was, i was last in the queue, so to speak  :005:

But your right there is more skin on top, so my girls top heavy  :005:

"My World is Orange" with a few blonde highlights
To the world my Cocker is just a dog, to me my Cocker is the World

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 10:36:27 PM »
Billy is around the 18kg mark and certainly isn't fat  ;)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2008, 10:46:59 PM »
Lucy is similar weight to Jasper and I can feel his ribs but there is loose skin.  I've changed him to Burns High Oats which seems to be showing some benefit but poor Jasper doesn't like it either so he's always looking for sneaky theft.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2008, 04:56:17 AM »
rolo 14 inches at withers is 12 - 12.5 kg liath is roughly the same weight and height pepper at 16 inches is a little heavier at 14 - 14 .5 kgs. when rolos wet he looks like a skinned rabbit but hes very muscular. the girls arent as musceley as he is but he keeps up with the bigger dogs all the time so he does more work. pepper sets the pace he has to keep up. rolo also has the thickest legs altho they are the shortest! he is a little powerhouse, nothing can stop him or get in his way. he will get into spaces that a bigger dog cant by literally forcing his way through to get at whatever is  in there be it pheasant or rat! unfortunately he also thinks hes a terrier and has gone to ground on more than one occaision! ( there could be a benefit of him being a bit bigger he wouldnt be able to do that!)

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2008, 08:00:32 AM »
Jerry was around 18 kilos for a while (now between 16-17), but he's around 18'' tall  :blink:

I wonder if i actually keep Jarvis a bit too skinny then ph34r he's 18.5" tall, and i don't like him above 15.5kg. Infact i've just cut down his food again, 'cos he'd gained a wee bit and looked too barrell shaped for my liking. ph34r

Oh! At 16 kilos (this was after he had some tummy trouble and I cut down any table scraps etc) I definitely thought he was getting too thin, as I could really feel the ribs (I'll never understand just how MUCH you should be able to feel the ribs  :huh:). I've just increased his food to keep him around 17 kilos.

This is how he looks (always difficult to tell with all the hair  ph34r) , but does this look ok?

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x231/Nuffelini/IMG_0952-1.jpg

or

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x231/Nuffelini/IMG_1110.jpg  (sorry, Kalu, don't want to hijack your thread!)

I looooooove Jerry :luv: :luv: :luv: i actually think he looks really fit at that weight :shades: whereas Jarvis loses all waist definition they second he gains a pound. ::) :005: Just goes to show how you can't just judge on weight and height. :D
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2008, 10:54:33 PM »
Tilly weighs about 18.3kg but she's 19" at the shoulder. She's not fat, she's just tall and very broad across her chest and ribcage. When I got her she was chubby as she'd hardly been having any exercise, she was nearly 21kg and although she didn't look obese she had excess 'rolls' at her neck and shoulders and around her bum when she sat down. At her current weight which she's maintained for about a year now she looks good, I can feel her ribs and she has a waist but she still keeps her muscle tone and condition although I have to watch her diet and she's fed less than the boys who both weigh less than her as she is definitely a 'good doer'  :005:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2008, 08:44:39 AM »
This was one of my fears when Kali was spayed.  Our trainer always maintained that there is absolutely no reason for a bitch to get fatter after spay other than over feeding.  Something about their metabolism slowing down so not needing as much food.  I think she is right because Kali has managed to stay trim.  I do sometimes do the rib feely thing but for me it is her waist.  When that starts to disappear then I know Miss Porky needs to diet ph34r :005:  I manage to keep her at a steady 11.3kg or thereabouts.
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2008, 09:50:16 AM »

This "rib" thing - is it ribs at the chest or ribs over the back????
Honey is at the age where she is "filling out" and we are finding it less easy to feel her ribs through her back, but they are fine through her chest.  We have recently changed her food to BARF and she was spayed 2 months ago, so I want to be sure weight doesn't creep on....  ph34r
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020