Author Topic: Ears still a bit dirty  (Read 701 times)

Offline Jay06

• Site Member
Ears still a bit dirty
« on: August 29, 2008, 10:39:49 AM »
Bailey had to go to the vet about 6 wks ago as he was really really scratching. Vet checked him over, gave him malalaseb, looked in his ears and said they were in great condition! Took him back for a check up a wk later and she said he had a 'build up of wax' Gave me 'Clean-aural' (think that's what it's called) Was to use this once a day for 2 wks, During this time was wiping his ears with cotton wool and was getting major brown gunk from them. Went back to vet two weeks later and she said one was still inflamed so would need different ear-drops - think it's 'canaural' or something like that - it's a yellow liquid. He has had these twice a day for a wk and once a day for 1 wk. My only problem is I am still getting a fair bit of gunk - though not as much from his ears when i wipe them out.  ::) He does not seem to be in pain and quite enjoys having his ears cleaned! He has the vet today and I was wondering if anyone has any advice or anything? Prior to this i have never had a problem with his ears as we used Thornits!  ::)