Author Topic: Tia's been poorly.....  (Read 1046 times)

Offline teapot

• Site Member
  • ~Tia~
Tia's been poorly.....
« on: August 29, 2008, 11:25:13 AM »
..... but is feeling much better today  :blink:

I noticed Tia wasn't quite herself on Tuesday but there was nothing obvious except being listless and mopey (and she smelt different to me  :-\). She was eating ok, no 1's & 2's were normal, but she vomitted some bright yellow bile in the afternoon. On Wednesday she didn't eat her food as enthusiastically as usual but still ate it all. Was still listless but still nothing obvious so just kept a close eye on her. Yesterday she looked really poorly. She had trouble eating her brekkie sort of rolling it about in her mouth like she had pain in her teeth or jaw. Checked her mouth over but there was nothing obvious again. Nothing stuck, no redness, teeth looked fine  :-\  I was starting to worry now so booked her into the vets.

OH had to take her to see the vets as I had a hospital appointment at the same time. I couldn't concentrate at the hospital as I was so worried about my baby and wanted to be with her :embarassed: 
At the vets she had a thorough examination. She had a very high temperature (40C /104 F)which surprised the vet as she said most dogs with a temp that high wouldn't be as alert as Tia was. She checked her mouth and teeth which Tia tolerated really well. (However the vet commented that 'Springers' were usually stubborn when it comes to checking mouths  >:( OH didn't comment cos he was too worried about his baby  :luv: ) Her mouth and teeth were ok, ears ok, but she had enlarged lymph nodes in her neck which suggested some kind of infection. She checked her anal glands which were full but Tia has problems with these anyway. The vet said she must have picked up some kind of bug but without doing more invasive tests didn't know exactly. She was given anti-biotic and anti-inflammatory injections and has to have broad spectrum anti-biotics for 6 days. She also has to have a light diet for a few days as she thought the way she was rolling her food in her mouth was because she was nauseous (she suggested leaving out her daily chicken wing for a week  :o) Also has to rest for a few days.

When she got back home she went to sleep for a while. However when it got to teatime she was obviously hungry as she started pacing around the kitchen. I cooked up some chicken and rice and she got excited like she knew it was for her. When it was cool enough I gave it to her and she wolfed it down like she'd not eaten for a week. Then she waited for her chicken wing - oh dear!
When she realised she wasn't getting anything else she settled for a while before picking up her raggy and shaking it in front of OH to play.....mmmmm rest eh !!

This morning she has had scrambled egg for brekkie but no walkies. She has so far nicked my slippers and shredded a doggie bag she stole out of OH's pocket. She's definately feeling better - wish me luck later looking after this 'poorly dog' who's supposed to be resting  ;)  I'm so relieved she's picked up so quickly, she was so stoical that it was hard to figure out what was wrong- if only they could talk !  :shades:

PS   Just want to shout out to the vet     "Thanks for treating Tia"  ... "SHE'S NOT A SPRINGER SHE'S A TALL COCKER" !!!!

Marie & Tia x

Offline BabyB

Re: Tia's been poorly.....
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 01:27:30 PM »
I'm glad Tia is feeling better  :luv:
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline emilyjw

• Site Member
  • However crap the day cocker kisses aren't far away
    • Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 01:59:56 PM »
Oh Tia worrying your mummy like that. Glad you're feeling better now sweetie  :luv:
Emily & the Jabracken fluffies - Bracken, Hermes and Jasminex

http://www.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk

Offline teapot

• Site Member
  • ~Tia~
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 02:36:46 PM »
Tia's been sleeping most of the morning and still looks a little off colour. She keeps having 'cocker bursts', then stops like she knows she's not quite up to it yet. I think it's a case of mind being ok but body not responding  :-\ Hopefully my little munchkin will be much better over the weekend  :luv:
Marie & Tia x

Offline White Bryony

• Site Member
  • Woofie 5.5.1999 - 29.4.13
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 02:40:48 PM »
Aww poor baby  :luv:  :luv:

its awful when you know something is wrong but don't know what it is.

Sounds like she is getting better quickly - I am sure with lots more pampering she will be back to normal soon.

She is a lucky likkle girl to have a mummy that cares about her so much  :luv:

Lisa, Maddie and Woofie (now at the bridge) xx