Author Topic: "Plaque Off"  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Jeeves

• Site Member
  • Mrs Bridges - International Love Goddess!
"Plaque Off"
« on: September 13, 2008, 08:54:05 AM »
Having read about this on the dental hygiene thread, I just wondered if anyone has any experience of using it?

Ronald has the most vile breath and so after reading about it on here I have bought some on Ebay but wondered if anyone has actually tried it?
Parker, Mrs Bridges, Ronald and Jeeves (my Little Bear, no longer with us) and Nicky (that's me!)

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Re: "Plaque Off"
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 09:10:28 AM »
I use it. It took longer to have any effect on Vegas' teeth than any of the others but it did work. I do also brush their teeth a couple times a week as part of the routine and they all have pearly white gnashers!
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline KellyS

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 09:11:07 PM »
I have used it and it is ok. I don't think you can beat a good marrow bone for cleaning teeth and cheaper too :D
Kelly & the Keladity Klan

Visit our website
www.keladitycockers.co.uk
Dogs laugh but they laugh with their tails! - Max Eastman

Offline Smudgesmum

• Site Member
  • mum to Oliver,9 and Smudge,4
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 09:18:49 PM »
I use it for Smudge and he has a chicken wing to crunch every day as well. It is slow working but it is def.improving his teeth

Offline CJ

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 08:38:43 PM »
I've thought about it,but Teal has her own electric toothbrush and chicken flavoured paste.  (Toothbrush is a kiddies type with very fetching dinasour shape and flashing red belly - not that she cares, just bring on the toothpaste!!) 

Offline Lynne L

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 09:53:44 PM »
We started using it earlier in the year after Paddy was diagnosed with an allergy to beef and lamb. It meant that he couldn't have bones and most of the commercial chews on the market and we found that the tartar was building up quite quickly on his back teeth as a result of not crunching things on his exclusion diet . We have noticed an improvement with the Plaque Off but it does take a few weeks. We also now clean his teeth every night at 'bed-time' with some herbal toothpaste (it has to be non-meat flavoured for him). Maybe worth checking out the source of bad breath with Vet as can be a symptom of other medical problems and also make sure it is not due to a mouth/lip-fold infection.
Hope this helps
Best wishes
Lynne