Author Topic: £10 Chipping and Neutering South Wales by Dogs Trust  (Read 1889 times)

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
£10 Chipping and Neutering South Wales by Dogs Trust
« on: September 28, 2008, 10:25:05 AM »
I've been to PAH and there were leaflets by the tills.

Dogs Trust are chipping and Neutering for £10.

The campagn team are at certain stores on certain days, but it's easier to ring the helpline to register

07932 115 750  or 07739 255 059
the lines are manned 9 - 5   if not there is an answerphone and they will ring you back.

The package deal is available for clients on means tested benefits (working tax credit etc)

or perhaps you could take a rescue dog on behalf of one of the charities??

The operations need to be booked at a participating vet by 12/11/08 and be carried out by 12/12/08

Hope this helps 
Sam
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline PennyB

Re: £10 Chipping and Neutering South Wales by Dogs Trust
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 11:27:57 AM »
or perhaps you could take a rescue dog on behalf of one of the charities??

Trouble is they'd know who it was as they also have to be microchipped as well so paperwork would get noticed eventually --- I also get the impression its an all or or nothing deal.

For those in Cardiff, however, the local authority are microchipping and neutering for free regardless of where you got the dog from and your income (and you don't have to have both done you can have either)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline sooze

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 08:06:42 PM »
Sorry - haven't been on the forum for ages - are your Local Authority actually chipping and neutering at no charge ?? Is that just dogs or cats as well ?

If so, that is a real proactive step forward to getting away from unwanted litters - given that it is S. Wales though, it doesn't really address the problem of the puppy farms because they clearly don't care anyway (why are there so many in South Wales).

I got my first Cocker from what was most probably a puppy farm near Llanelli - we loved her to bits but she had sooo many problems, ranging from cataracts to cancers, which eventually took her at only just under 12 years old - that was over 16 years ago, when I knew no better, and I certainly didn't have COL to give me good advice ....

Please can you all think carefully before you either get a dog or re-home a dog from any of these places, since you are only putting money into their pockets and they are breeding rascals at best .........

Offline PennyB

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 05:23:43 PM »
Sorry - haven't been on the forum for ages - are your Local Authority actually chipping and neutering at no charge ?? Is that just dogs or cats as well ?

Yes, for free but its just dogs. They have been microchipping for free for ages but not sure how long they're going to do the neutering for free though.
Friends of Hailey Park

Offline PennyB

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 05:24:26 PM »
It doesn't really address the problem of the puppy farms because they clearly don't care anyway (why are there so many in South Wales).

That's really for another thread
Friends of Hailey Park