Author Topic: When to expect next season after having puppies  (Read 2063 times)

Offline dkirkuk

When to expect next season after having puppies
« on: August 01, 2010, 09:37:48 PM »
Can anyone advise when I should expect Daisy to come into season after having had her litter of puppies a few months back? She was previously going 28-30 weeks between seasons and started her last season in late February. She then had her pups on 8th may.

Is she likely to go the same interval to her next seasons and would I count from the start of her last season until now, or will the pregnancy have knocked her off cycle?

I am hoping to arrange a weekend away (taking her) and also a reunion for Daisy and all her puppies in a few months so was trying to work out roughly what weeks to avoid.

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
Re: When to expect next season after having puppies
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 09:21:38 AM »
My girls seasons are the same after a litter as before, so 6 months (for my girls) from the start of the season they had the litter

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 09:59:35 AM »
I was caught out with this. I assumed it would be 6 mths after the birth, but with mine it was 6 mths from the last season so it was when pups were about 4/5 mths old.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 02:21:02 PM »
Jo Jo had her next season when the pups were about 5 months old.  She is usually almost 6 months to the date, give or take 2 weeks.

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline jennyspin

• Site Member
  • my gorgeous Boyd & Jitka at Master Groom 2012
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 09:45:23 PM »
I would say that it can knock them a couple of weeks of cycle but no big gaps. Jessica is as regular as clock work every six months but Jemima is a once a year girl! It just normally knocks them out by a coupld of weeks when they have pups. Also, I too got caught out once thinking that the six months started from the when they had the pups! Best wishes with Daisy  :luv:
Sandlauga cockers
Never assume anything...except an occasional air of intelligence! The Sheriff to Guy of Gisbourne (Richard Carpenter, Robin or Sherwood, Rip 27/02/2012, a writing talent who will be missed).