Author Topic: 1  (Read 1675 times)

Offline nking25

« on: July 26, 2011, 08:21:32 PM »
 :D

sarahR

Re: Tree sap seems to be burning their skin
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 08:28:49 PM »
Do you know what kind of tree it is? It might be worth googling the tree. Some trees sap can cause irritation.

Offline Pauline T

• Charlie Boy
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 08:52:08 PM »
Do you know what kind of tree it is? It might be worth googling the tree. Some trees sap can cause irritation.

I agree. Identifying the tree is the key to any treatment for now and for future reference.
Pauline & Charlie xx
A dog can say more with a quick wag of his tail than many people who talk for hours. - Louis Armstrong

sarahR

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 10:03:12 PM »
Just had a thought if you aren't sure what kind of tree it is take a photo of it from a distance so we can see the shape, a close up of the leaves and flowers or fruit/berries and another of the bark and post it on here. One of us might be able to identify for you.

Offline nking25

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 11:02:19 PM »
I'm not at theirs just now but its like a christmas tree with acorns in winter if that helps x

Offline jessandme

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 11:46:52 PM »
Um.  Acorns grow on oak trees.  Christmas trees are various sorts of pine trees.  Pine trees don't have acorns.  Could you give us a bit more detail?

Edited to add: - just been having a wander around on Google, allergy to pine tree sap is common apparently.

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 11:47:53 PM »
Does it look like this, sorry about the snow but its the only pic I've got of it at the moment.  It's has a droopy appearance and needles, not leaves.  It also has little pine cones which could look a bit like acorns when they are little.  This tree is called a Cedrus Deodara.  When I weed underneath it I get red marks on my skin.

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 01:07:56 AM »
Does it look like this, sorry about the snow but its the only pic I've got of it at the moment.  It's has a droopy appearance and needles, not leaves.  It also has little pine cones which could look a bit like acorns when they are little.  This tree is called a Cedrus Deodara.  When I weed underneath it I get red marks on my skin.

ph34r   Really sorry, I mis read this,but your last sentence.................. :005: :rofl1:

Offline nking25

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 08:40:59 AM »
That does look like the tree, i did mean pine cones lol it was late when I replied  :005:

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 09:46:58 AM »
Just thought, I hope you don't think I was amused by the 'acorn/pine cone' statement? 

It was my warped sense of humour reading your last comment  ie.  ' when I weed underneath it I get red marks on my skin'    :021: :011:  sorry!  :D   ph34r

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 12:11:27 PM »
LOL, no offence taken   :005:.  I don't wee under my trees, Toby does that for me  :rofl1: :rofl1:

sarahR

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 09:32:02 PM »
Hope the doglets are feeling better today.

Offline Coco

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 01:16:12 AM »
I'm allergic to Christmas trees and similar, makes my skin red, hot and itchy, I have to be quick to wash it off and the pain goes fairly quicky as long as I haven't scratched it raw already. But I now use gloves if I touch them. Could you maybe get some coats for them when they visit in a similar way and try fencing it off with short edging fence? Our local cheapy pound shop type place does little panels, about 1 1/2ft for £1 or small trellis panels that you can stretch right out to about 3ft and lay side ways for the same. Both you could just shove in the ground and remove after they've gone.
Hope their skin is healing well  :blink:
There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo

Offline nking25

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 04:18:57 PM »
i had to make an appoinement for ozzy at the vets today..he was screaming in agony all last night from the reaction on his head.
Just heard from my dad (who took him for me as I'm working) and his head has been shaved.
It was an allergic reaction to the tree sap but since he has been scratching it and cody has been licking it it had got badly infected.
So my poor boy now has a cone to wear and a selection of medication to take.

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2011, 06:39:27 PM »
Oh poor little chap.  Please give him great big  :bigarmhug: and I hope he feels better really soon  :luv: