Author Topic: when should a puppy look like a grown up?  (Read 2034 times)

Offline CockersIndie

Re: when should a puppy look like a grown up?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 08:19:03 AM »
Thanks bajoleth, phew! I am trying to teach myself to groom her , I've thinned her legs out in that bottom picture but need to get a handle on how much to handstrip etc, it's a learning curve!

And jaspersmum- thanks for the Lochranza input, I look forward to the photos!

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 08:35:11 AM »
And jaspersmum- thanks for the Lochranza input, I look forward to the photos!

I'll probably be in trouble for that as not all the Lochranzas are immature and ours are of course mixed with other lines that could be the "slower" gene.  I think Charlie is a little younger here, but this was definately at the crying stage and his coat seemed to disintergrate before our eyes..  Indie has oudles by comparison.  Charlie seemed to turn into a scrawny rat for a while  ph34r
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i180/jaspersmum/Charlie/IMG_3025a.jpg

the second picture is now(ish), still less coat than many in the ring but actually, sometimes the judges prefer them to carry less  ;)
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i180/jaspersmum/album3/Charlie-1stGCDcocker.jpg

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 11:07:06 AM »
Charlie is 8 months and sometimes he looks grown up, other times he looks like a puppy. He's beautiful either way  :luv:
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline CockersIndie

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 11:17:58 AM »
Jaspersmum- the first picture looks just about what indie looks like- although currently she's covered in heather and water so not quite as beautiful!

yeah i agree dipsydoodlenoodle- they are all gorgeous either way, and always! i was just shocked at how grown up they looked at the show in comparison so i thought- hmm maybe indie is ill. but feel very reassured now :)

Offline cfordham2710

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2012, 05:47:14 PM »

She looks fine to me. 

People are always saying what a cute puppy Skye is.  Shes 8 this year........   :o

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2012, 08:32:38 PM »
I think Penny has suddenly started to look more grown up since she had her season.It's nothing I can put my finger on but she just seems more self-possessed. She's eleven months.

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline CockersIndie

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2012, 08:48:41 PM »
I think Penny has suddenly started to look more grown up since she had her season.It's nothing I can put my finger on but she just seems more self-possessed. She's eleven months.

Penny is gorgeous! what amazing eyes! I thought having a season might have an effect- our previous cocker didn't have a season and we were always asked if she was a pup right until up until we lost her! so thanks very much for that, indie's perfect to me but i was a little worried :)

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2012, 09:07:44 PM »
I think Indie looks lovely for eight months. It does seem to take a while for the coat to come in. Penny's coat went quite dull just before her season, but seemed to blossom afterwards and is now coming in nice and shiny. She still doesn't have much skirt, but that's an advantage as she seems to collect half the forest floor when she goes out!

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011