Author Topic: 11 Months Old and still no season?  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Grey Haven

11 Months Old and still no season?
« on: May 14, 2012, 04:42:27 PM »
We are patiently waiting for River to have her first season so we can get her spayed.

Apart from the obvious blood letting is there any other signs to an impending season?  She's been looking at her bottom and I noticed cleaning it quite a lot lately, but I've not see any traces of blood?

She's also been off her feed for a day or two - not not eating, but not the usual eagerness to be fed if that makes sense?

All functions normal - and lots of energy for incesscant barking!!!

Offline CockersIndie

Re: 11 Months Old and still no season?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 05:21:59 PM »
we're waiting for Indie's season too- she's coming up for 9 months though. i am no expert as haven't had an in season bitch before but i've read around quite a bit...

I've been told some bitches keep themselves impeccably clean, so you might have to wait until she hasn't 'licked' for a while and then get a piece of tissue and wipe ph34r it's important to keep track of when they start!

also, apparently the vulva swells outwards and can get red in colour too- so locate and check!  :005:

unhelpfully, apparently any sort of behavioural change (e.g. more clingy/more independent) can be a sign of an impending season so the off her food might be indicative- but then indie goes through phases of eating like there's no tomorrow and then not being bothered and she's not showing any signs!

also! has she started 'flirting' with the boys on walks yet? or are they showing the slightest bit of increased interest? she won't stand for them at at all yet, but she might fling her backside in their direction or tease them perhaps. Again, i guess all bitches will vary! so just keep an eye out for how other dogs are reacting to her, how 'she' looks and any other changes- and keep the tissues handy if she's being clean!

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 05:28:03 PM »
That sounds like the beginning of a season. They are also interesting to other dogs too, several days before any bleeding appears.

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline maddy74

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 05:36:27 PM »
Willow was sparking lots of male attention a good 3 - 5 days before signs of bleeding, she was 13 months when she had her first season.

She did not keep herself clean and bled for 3 weeks. The bleeding started off as little spots for the first week and then got heavier...I am guessing all bitches are different.  When she was in season she swelled a lot down there...  :-\

On the whole she was good during her season, she still had lots of energy, maybe slightly less and if anything a little more appetite.... she didnt show any other signs Ive heard people mention on here.

Offline Grey Haven

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 05:51:49 PM »
I just had a look at her undercarriage and all looks normal there. She is cleaning that area a lot more than usual.  She's been excessively vocal (barking at EVERYTHING) the past few days.............

Offline PennyB

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 10:11:01 PM »
I would still try as someone suggested to wipe the area with some tissue as there may be the initial discharge that you can't see

Ruby didn't come into season till she was 12 months old
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 08:43:33 PM »
2 of my girls were 13 months and another 12 months ...don't wish them growing into ladies to quick  :luv:

Offline LynneB

• a pile of dogs
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 09:08:53 PM »
Phoebe (blue roan) had her first season at 11 months, a friends solid black was 19 months before she had her first season. They all vary.
Laelia Showdogs and Groomers