Author Topic: Foster Home Needed  (Read 7805 times)

Offline ajs

• Site Member
Foster Home Needed
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2005, 04:07:51 PM »
Well more developments on the Bayley front.

We were concerned about putting him into kennels given the 3 months he spent locked in a shed and being beaten to the extent he suffered a serious eye injury.... we were worried about the negative connotatoins and how he would react. He is a cheery soul and we didn't want him going downhill. Carol got in touch with cocker rescue to see if they knew of anyone who might be able to help out.

I am delighted to say that your very own JayneS kindly agreed to try with Bayley amongst her merry mob. She has well established oldies to teach him about pecking order - hopefully Bayley will settle in as he will not be a central character amongst so many established cockers. I left him with Jayne a couple of hours ago so it will probably be a case of watch this space. Thanks Jayne for taking the wee fella on at such short notice. I know you will let us know how he gets on!

I should also like to thank Penny B who offered to take Bayley despite having a full house at the moment (have you still got a house then Penny??!! :rolleyes:  :lol: )
I really didn't want to put upon Penny as she does so much already and it would have been very tricky for her. She came back online last night and offered again to give Bayley a go as she was worried about his fate. Thanks Penny. You are a brave and stalwart cocker friend!!

So it's a very BIG THANKYOU to everyone involved in Bayley's little saga. (which is quite a lot of us now! :lol: )

Offline lyn

• Site Member
Foster Home Needed
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2005, 05:08:31 PM »
i am so glad he's not in kennels,and i am pleased that jayne has taken him.i wish them both the best luck in the world.

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
    • http://www.topbarks.co.uk
Foster Home Needed
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2005, 05:12:30 PM »

Hope the little lad works out!
heartbreaking when it doesn't.
I adopted another goldie last December and he ended up taking a chunk out of Doug.
Dogs are like people and don't get along with every one they meet and i think we ask a lot of our dogs to just rub along.
I wish I'd had been more knowledgeable 12 months ago as I may have been able to work through it who knows?
The best news I had came in the new year when I found out he had a new home and was doing well.
Best of luck Bailey I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you guys.
Mark,Doug and Oliver :D

Mark Sanderson BSc Hons (canine behaviour), FdSc CBT, CAP 1, CAP 2
Member of The Association Of Pet Dog Trainers (00977)

Check out my website http://www.topbarks.co.uk/  www.yorkdogtrainer.co.uk

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Foster Home Needed
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2005, 05:13:08 PM »
Well Bayley seems to be getting along ok so far - we've had a taste of what he's like with visitors as when Andrew came home from work, he launched into a ferocious volley of deafening barking which lasted on & off for about 10 minutes but Andrew just ignored him & Bayley is now sitting quietly in the kitchen with him :) He is very fond of the ladies and is getting told off good & proper by our girls who are not impressed with having his nose glued to their behinds (he doesn't care whether they are spayed or not :lol:). Hopefully he will learn some doggy manners with a bit of time ;) We think he has had some formal training as when he does a sit, he sometimes also does the automatic whizz round & finish that obedience dogs do. Looks like he might be at least partly Working Cocker as his build is very leggy & his head is not show-type - a very handsome boy though with the shiniest black coat :) Will keep you all posted :)

Jane
Jane

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Foster Home Needed
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2005, 05:19:17 PM »
What wonderful news.

Good luck Jane - I'm sure yours is the best place this fella can be.
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline PennyB

Foster Home Needed
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2005, 05:34:15 PM »
Brilliant news, couldn't be in better hands Jane
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
Foster Home Needed
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2005, 05:45:10 PM »
she wet herself  :(
[snapback]169096[/snapback]

:o  :o  :(  :(  Aaaww Lyn, so sorry it didn't work out for you but at least you tried, like you said Millie has been through enough and this would have stressed her out even more and who knows it may have set her back. I still think you are still just as wonderful and at least now we know Charlie is with Jane he will be safe and very well looked after so you don't have the worry of whats happening to him over xmas.

I think you are both absolutely wonderful  :D

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
Foster Home Needed
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2005, 05:49:33 PM »
We were concerned about putting him into kennels given the 3 months he spent locked in a shed and being beaten to the extent he suffered a serious eye injury....
[snapback]169210[/snapback]

:(  :(  How very cruel can people be, totally  baffles me, something I will never ever understand  :(

Offline lyn

• Site Member
Foster Home Needed
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2005, 09:31:58 PM »
jan his name is bailey,not charlie :lol: he is very handsome as jane has said and that coat,the shine is incredible.he has def got some worker in him.his coat is like paddy's it's not as long as a show dogs.
jane all bailey was interested in whilst he was here was paddy's bum :o and paddy thought it was great :lol: jim is gutted.he is now convinced that paddy will look like bailey in a years time but i am sure pads won't be so tall.
i am so pleased bailey is with you jane.with your experience he couldn't be in a better place if anyone can help him i'm sure you can.give him a hug from me and a girlie kiss from paddy(who i have to say is either sulking or is still bone tired after last nights shenanigans)he really enjoyed baileys company.millie on the other hand couldn't be happier.she is strutting round downstairs checking every nook and cranny to make sure he's not hiding anywhere. :P

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Foster Home Needed
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2005, 09:42:32 PM »
I am totally in awe of all you lovely people who rescue these poor dogs ...thank goodness for you all :wub:......good luck Jane  ;)
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Foster Home Needed
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2005, 10:59:02 PM »
jim is gutted.he is now convinced that paddy will look like bailey in a years time but i am sure pads won't be so tall.
[snapback]169293[/snapback]
We think he's probably all Worker, Lyn so I doubt Paddy will get quite as tall. When I was grooming Bayley tonight, I found he has rear dew claws, something you hardly ever see in show-type Cockers but is v common in Workers. He's probably got some kangaroo blood too going by how easily he can get over our baby gate :lol:

Jane
Jane

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
Foster Home Needed
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2005, 12:29:02 AM »
Aaah ggod luck Jane.......have fun Bayley, merry christmas little man :wub: x

Offline Mich

• Site Member
  • Bailey come back!
Foster Home Needed
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2005, 12:34:49 AM »
Good luck Jane, hope you all have a fab Christmas weekend together!! xx
  Mich, Bailey and Poppy xxxxx

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Foster Home Needed
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2005, 09:24:07 AM »
What fantastic news  :D

HAPPY CHRISTMAS JANE!!!  :D
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
    • http://www.topbarks.co.uk
Foster Home Needed
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2005, 09:45:41 AM »
I would love another working cocker,but I have to be so careful about which dog I add to my tribe as Doug is a very sensetive little chap who is very wary of a lot of dogs.
What I'm looking for is a  confident working cocker that displays lots of calming signals.
Does such a working spaniel exist?
If asking for a calm working cocker isn't an impossible request, the dog I need has to have strong working and play drives as we do lots of training with our dogs on the degree course.
If ever a dog like this comes up Jane or any one else on here I would love to hear about it.
Best of luck, sounds like the lad has fallen on his feet for christmas.
Mark, Doug and Oliver :D

Mark Sanderson BSc Hons (canine behaviour), FdSc CBT, CAP 1, CAP 2
Member of The Association Of Pet Dog Trainers (00977)

Check out my website http://www.topbarks.co.uk/  www.yorkdogtrainer.co.uk