Author Topic: Many Tears  (Read 7562 times)

Offline lyn

• Site Member
Many Tears
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2006, 06:22:51 PM »
this is a superb idea,i will help in any way i can.

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
Many Tears
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2006, 03:48:31 PM »
Yeah count me in  :D

I totally see Janes point of view. How about the proceeds are split between many tears and dogs trust?. Penny mentioned on here a week or so ago about dogs trust being good as they help out smaller rescues, just an idea as we can't possibly give money to every charity  :(

Another idea i have would be for us all to volunteer to give up a weekend and actually go down to many tears and help out. Perhaps in a few months when the nights are lighter. It will be hard work and very upsetting but i think Sylvia would appreciate the help, she sounds exhausted. I'm sure there must be a local hotel/guest house nearby where we could all stay?  I would love to do this although of course its not an option to everyone who has too many commitments.
What do you all think?  :)

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
Many Tears
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2006, 05:26:47 PM »
Another idea i have would be for us all to volunteer to give up a weekend and actually go down to many tears and help out.  I'm sure there must be a local hotel/guest house nearby where we could all stay? 
[snapback]177662[/snapback]
:D
Good idea I'm up for that
Sarah & The Roan Rangers - Daisy Dog & Dill Boy

The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me

Offline Mich

• Site Member
  • Bailey come back!
Many Tears
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2006, 05:33:38 PM »
I'm up for it  :)
  Mich, Bailey and Poppy xxxxx

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
Many Tears
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2006, 05:41:06 PM »
Another idea i have would be for us all to volunteer to give up a weekend and actually go down to many tears and help out.  I'm sure there must be a local hotel/guest house nearby where we could all stay? 
:D
Good idea I'm up for that
[snapback]177691[/snapback]

I'm up for it  :)
[snapback]177697[/snapback]

Yey!  :D  So thats three of us then so far. Who else is up for it  :D

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Many Tears
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2006, 05:46:31 PM »
Another idea i have would be for us all to volunteer to give up a weekend and actually go down to many tears and help out. Perhaps in a few months when the nights are lighter. It will be hard work and very upsetting but i think Sylvia would appreciate the help, she sounds exhausted. I'm sure there must be a local hotel/guest house nearby where we could all stay?  I would love to do this although of course its not an option to everyone who has too many commitments.
What do you all think?  :)

To be honest, I would rather donate the (not unsubstansial) travelling/accomodation costs to Many Tears instead.....if we all did this, then it would amount to several hundred £  ;)

I don't know about Many Tears, but our local rescue centres don't just allow people to walk in off the street and help out, either - there are inductions, insurance etc to sort out - its a lovely idea, but I'm not sure the practicialities will benefit Many Tears, iyswim???
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
Many Tears
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2006, 05:59:41 PM »
I like the idea of helping at Many Tears but feel it wouldn't be practical for me as it's a long journey from West Sussex & also someone would have to look after my animals for me whilst I was there!! :(

I feel I personally could help them more by collecting money on their behalf as Rachel suggests. I recently ran a half-marathon & was able to raise £300 for them through getting friends & family to sponsor me.
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
Many Tears
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2006, 06:02:40 PM »
To be honest, I would rather donate the (not unsubstansial) travelling/accomodation costs to Many Tears instead.....if we all did this, then it would amount to several hundred £  ;)
I don't know about Many Tears, but our local rescue centres don't just allow people to walk in off the street and help out, either - there are inductions, insurance etc to sort out - its a lovely idea, but I'm not sure the practicialities will benefit Many Tears, iyswim???
[snapback]177707[/snapback]

Sylvia does have volunteers I have seen them on her website. On her list of "ways you can help" she does list actual physical help as one of her needs.

Obviously we wouldn't just turn up, she would have to ok it first but theres no point doing that until we know how many of us would be prepared to do it  ;) .

Yes the money is important but I think its just as important as the day to day chores that we can help her with. She sounds exhausted, I'm sure she'd jump at the chance of some physical help even if it is only for a day or two. I'm sure she has really important things to do that she struggles to find the time to do ie post new dogs on the net, speak to new potential owners on the phone. If she knows she has some people there to help she can donate more of her  time to these crucial tasks.

Offline lyn

• Site Member
Many Tears
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2006, 06:05:30 PM »
i would go along.i am seriously thinking of becoming a fosterer.

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
Many Tears
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2006, 06:09:47 PM »
I like the idea of helping at Many Tears but feel it wouldn't be practical for me as it's a long journey from West Sussex & also someone would have to look after my animals for me whilst I was there!! :(

I feel I personally could help them more by collecting money on their behalf as Rachel suggests. I recently ran a half-marathon & was able to raise £300 for them through getting friends & family to sponsor me.
[snapback]177713[/snapback]

Like I said its not possible for everyone  ;) .

I'd be coming from Manchester so its not exactly local for me either.

I'm fortunate in that i can get someone to look after Billy for the weekend. It's easy for me to give up a weekend and jump in my car, but i appreciate, and didnt expect everyone to be able to or want to do the same  :D

Running a marathon would be impossible for me as i wouldn't have the time to train  :lol: .We all have our own ways in which we can help. But for me I still prefer this option. I have donated to many tears many many times now and feel I want to do more. All help is good though :)

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
Many Tears
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2006, 06:10:48 PM »
i would go along.i am seriously thinking of becoming a fosterer.
[snapback]177719[/snapback]

Yey  :D  :D

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
Many Tears
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2006, 07:42:08 PM »
Count me in too and Ive got to come from Scotland!!  :blink:   This has been something I have thought about recently so Im really glad you have suggested it Jan  :D
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
Many Tears
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2006, 08:15:40 PM »
Thought - maybe Mary P could ask Sylvia next time she speaks to her??  If Sylvia is happy for us to come down then we could really get it going?

Mary P - would you be happy to discuss the idea with Sylvia - maybe ask her what is a viable/useful number of volunteers in one go.  We dont want to swamp Sylvia!!  If there are loads of us we could maybe do several weekends???

Just a thought - have I had too much vodka??!!! :blink:
Sarah & The Roan Rangers - Daisy Dog & Dill Boy

The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
Many Tears
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2006, 09:13:04 PM »
Thought - maybe Mary P could ask Sylvia next time she speaks to her??  If Sylvia is happy for us to come down then we could really get it going?

Mary P - would you be happy to discuss the idea with Sylvia - maybe ask her what is a viable/useful number of volunteers in one go.  We dont want to swamp Sylvia!!  If there are loads of us we could maybe do several weekends???

Just a thought - have I had too much vodka??!!! :blink:
[snapback]177771[/snapback]

Yes great idea!  :D  Sylvia is more likely to be honest about what would and wouldn't be helpful if its someone that she knows that is asking her  :D

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
Many Tears
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2006, 09:14:46 PM »
Count me in too and Ive got to come from Scotland!!  :blink:   
[snapback]177747[/snapback]

Bloomin heck  :o  thats a journey and a half for you. Really nice of you  :D