Author Topic: Salty coming for a visit tomorrow.  (Read 11705 times)

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Re: Salty coming for a visit tomorrow.
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2006, 10:25:42 AM »
Salty has left the building.

I am relieved but also very very sad.

I do think we did our best while she was here, but don't feel that we did our best by having her here to start with. But we did sincerely believe that we wanted two dogs, and as you know we wrestled with that decision for some time before she came.

You are right, I should stop beating myself up about it, but I do guilt in a big way!

I really can't tell you all how much I have appreciated your advice, kind words, encouragement and help in all this. It's been a really tough week for all of us here. A real roller coaster with bits of fun and sadness all mixed in.

Hopefully we have learned more about ourselves and will more appreciate what we have in the future, hopefully the rescue will be able to use the extra knowledge we have been able to pass on about Salty to find a super new home for her, and hopefully we will all be able to move on now with no regrets (not sure about that one though!)

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH

:'( :'( :'(

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2006, 10:42:16 AM »
Bless you Annette.  You did the right thing.  She probably picked up alot on your anxioness as well.  How is Buddy feeling?  Top of the world probably  ;)

I'm sure she will get a wonderful new home very soon.  Luckily the cockers don't seem to stay too long in rescue.  I do hope her new owners think about changing her name though  ph34r  :P

Well done for trying.  xx  :blink:
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline anniej

• Site Member
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2006, 10:45:12 AM »
(((Annette)))  I've been reading your posts about Salty, but didn't post anything as we are about to go down the road of rescuing a cocker too ~  your experiences have given us some pointers, so for that I thank you.  I am sure Salty will benefit in the long run from being with you, at least now they have a better idea of what her needs will be and of what her character is like.  Please don't be sad, you gave her a home even if for just a little while.  Now you can focus on Buddy, perhaps he will miss her for a bit?  but lots of walks and cuddles will cheer you all up.

annie j

Offline Mollycuddles

• Donator
  • cockers have a lotta fun
« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2006, 11:15:36 AM »
Hi Annette,

You made the right decision and if you hadn't tried How would you have known if it would work.............

Good has come out of this ........... like you said the rescue have more knowledge about Salty's needs that will help them find the forever home thats waiting round the corner for her......

Lyn, Molly, Georgie, Dagen, Tessa & Alfie X

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2006, 04:34:57 PM »
hi annette,just caught this i have sent you a pm
lyn

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2006, 06:00:15 PM »
sending a big hug, you've done the best thing for all concerned, and you're so right - the rescue has got a wealth of information for rehoming salty now, and she will be happier in the long run ;)

ps happy belated gotcha day beautiful buddy!
helen & jarvis x