Author Topic: Many Tears - Ella, 4yr old X brood bitch  (Read 7302 times)

Offline daunting

• Site Member
Many Tears - Ella, 4yr old X brood bitch
« on: February 25, 2006, 06:38:49 PM »
Donna, *Tia*, Saffi, Max, Harley, Egan, Mia

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
Re: Many Tears - Ella, 4yr old X brood bitch
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 08:27:15 PM »
Awww shes lovely
I hope she gets a home soon

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 08:54:44 PM »
Oh Blesss her. I wish I help, and rehome some of these sweet dogs. I find it so frustrating. As soon as my curncumstances change i will.

Its heart breaking.
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline flossysmum

• Limited Member
    • Abilou Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 09:27:16 PM »
awwww, bless. She looks georgous :luv: :luv:
xxx Love Abi, Flossy, Charlie, Amber, Bertha and Ginny xxx

Offline tarina

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 12:12:15 AM »
 :luv:  If I lived nearer I would offer her a home.  Hope she finds her forever home soon.  Tarina

Offline anniej

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 12:06:23 PM »
I have sent Many Tears an email to say we want to give Ella a forever home, hopefully they will get back to us and we can see if Ella will fit in with us and Piper.  I hate waiting!

annie j

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 12:59:56 PM »
good luck anniej!!!  ;)  fingers, toes and paws all crossed for you
helen & jarvis x

Offline Dannyt

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 01:53:51 PM »
I have sent Many Tears an email to say we want to give Ella a forever home, hopefully they will get back to us and we can see if Ella will fit in with us and Piper.  I hate waiting!

annie j

Hope it works out!

Offline anniej

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 02:28:18 PM »
Well I have just spoken to them and she sounds such a darling!  But, our Piper is entire and hubby wants to keep him that way as he thinks it keeps them keener for working.  And the last thing that poor Ella wants is a male dog trying to mate her all the time.  Piper has never tried doing this to any other dogs, only his bed a few months back, so I am in a quandry.  Many Tears have said that we can go and visit Ella but if Piper tries to mount her or play rough and show sexual behavious they wont let us have her!  I just don't know what to do.  I am sure hubby wont agree to castrating Piper and we don't mind the journey, we could do with a bit of a break ourselves and Camarthen could be ideal!  Any suggestions?  should we say good bye to Ella and wait and see if a boy comes up instead?  I really have fallen for her picture, she is so much like Avroe, I am in tears wanting to have her and cuddle her and give her the love she has never known, but torn because of Piper who also has his cuddly moments ... ...

annie j

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 05:38:21 PM »
There's no harm in going down to visit her and seeing how the dogs get on. It would be a shame to write off the whole idea to something that might never happen - if Piper isn't a serial humper then you will probably have no cause for worry!!

Keep us posted!!!
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

jools

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 10:47:53 PM »
Annie - hope it works out for you....she really is very beautiful. Keeping everything crossed for you and look forward to reading your update.

Best of luck xxx

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2006, 11:06:27 PM »
I would go and visit.  You'll never know unless you try, and if you don't it will gnaw away at you.

Good luck whatever you decide and keep us posted.  She looks lovely  :luv:
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 08:42:45 AM »
agree with letty - i can very much empathise with many tears concerns, as more ella has had more than enough *cough* attention, but piper may not even be bothered.

we had a bitch and an entire male living together and he wasn't at all interested in her...

really depends on the dog, and if piper isn't a serial h****r than it may all be worry for nothing.

check it out anniej, else you'll never ever know ;)
helen & jarvis x

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 09:21:51 AM »
annie, we have millie an x breeding bitch and paddy an entire male,paddy tried to hump everything for a while a couple of months ago but NEVER tried it with millie.go down to meet her i'm sure piper will love her and ella will benefit from piper on how to have fun and be a happy dog.you wouldn't believe the difference in millie since she has come here and we were her third home in 12 months >:(she was like an empty shell but now she is loving life and we even had the pleasure of a few playbows since monday,something i never thought she would ever do.it actually brought tears to my eyes to watch her diong it to paddy in the garden then chasing him,paddy was shocked at first then joined in and they haven't stopped since.
you are rewarded every day with these poor souls.

Offline anniej

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2006, 09:56:44 AM »
Thank you so much for your support.  You don't know how much it means to me this morning.  Yesterday was such a good day for us on many different points, and Ella just seemed to be meant to be, then after speaking to Many Tears I felt utterly deflated.  You have given me the confidence to phone them again and if they are willing to do the home check first, then we will travel to Wales to visit Ella with the hope that Piper behaves himself!  Knowing that others have been in the same situation and have had positive outcomes has been a great support ~ so I'm off to make the call, please keep fingers crossed, and paws too!

annie j