Author Topic: Many Tears - Ella, 4yr old X brood bitch  (Read 7300 times)

Offline anniej

• Site Member
Re: Many Tears - Ella, 4yr old X brood bitch
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2006, 05:17:36 PM »
Thanks for the link, I've been doing a bit of searching about myself.  Phoned one place close by and spoke to a friendly lady, but they don't accept dogs.  But she did say they were about 2 hours drive from the Severn Bridge, which is about the same for us to get to it, so around 4 hours in all.  I'll need to talk to hubby tonight to see what he thinks and take a look at the map.  If we leave here by 8 am we could be there for lunch time and hopefully get Piper walked somewhere along the way so he's not hyper after the journey.  We could spend the afternoon with Many Tears then make our way back later.  If we decide to do it all in one day I might phone Sylvia and see if we can come up on Saturday instead, that will give us all Sunday to recover and get to know each other.

And I got an email back from Sylvia to say that our vet had given a glowing reference  ::) and the garden pictures are ok, so now we just have to wait for the weekend .. .. ..

annie j

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2006, 05:43:43 PM »
Hi anniej, I haven't read the whole of this thread yet, but regarding the humping, I thought I should add my two pennorth.  I got Nelly (an ex-breeding bitch from Many Tears) last October.  She had already been rehomed by Many Tears, but for various reasons, it didn't work out, so she was placed in a foster home until I had her.  I also have Dillon, also a rescue dog, but not to my knowledge a puppy farm dog.  Dillon has been castrated.  When Nelly came home, Dillon kept trying to hump her, he's never been like this with any other dogs, (he normally tries to kill them  >:D).  Anyway, Nelly made it quite clear that humping was simply not on the agenda and after a few tellings off (to put it mildly) from Nelly, he never tried again.  So I think that Ella will probably have the same attitude as Nelly, she's had enough humping to last her a lifetime & she won't tolerate any more, she'll soon put Piper in his place.  I'm quite happy for you to mention this to Sylvia if it will help.

Incidentally, Dillon & Nelly love each other to bits and are often to be found snuggled up together on the chair or sofa  :luv:

Good luck at the weekend.  Keep us posted  ;)

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2006, 05:52:49 PM »
Glad to hear its all back on again - best of luck ;)
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2006, 06:59:27 PM »
Really pleased you are able to go and see Ella to see how you all get on.  Hope Piper behaves like the perfect gent!!  ;)

Best of luck x
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2006, 12:16:09 AM »
Excellent news Annie, I was worried about you at lunchtime!!
Well done for trying again!!!!!!!!!
We're all rooting for you!!  ;)
Ella looks so beautiful!!
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline anniej

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2006, 09:42:58 AM »
Well we have decided to go up on Sunday as planned, it looks like dual carriageway or motorway for most of the journey so as long as the snow dissapears we reckon on it taking between 3 and 4 hours.  Piper is going out gun-dog training again on Saturday afternoon, and that always tires him out so he shouldn't be too hyper on Sunday!  He's been giving me lost of kisses last night and this morning, more than usuall, do you think he suspects something and is saying thank you?  He is being very cuddly and even slept on my feet last night!  It seems that the extra training that Mark does with him each day is giving him enough mental stimulation so that when he comes home he just wants a cuddle, food and a comfy bed!  I'm off to the pet shop later on to buy a few bits to take with us, will need to get another car harness for Ella as we cant get a cage into our little 106 as well as me and Piper!

Thanks for all your support

annie j

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2006, 11:07:19 AM »
Hope it all goes well, and hope the snow clears!

Offline daunting

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2006, 10:27:16 AM »
Snow has melted here  :D
As long as we don't have too much/any more over the weekend you will be fine ( the road to Sylvia's can be almost impossible to get through if its full of snow or too icy so be careful! )

Good luck  :D
Donna, *Tia*, Saffi, Max, Harley, Egan, Mia

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2006, 08:58:00 AM »
I suspect anniej & family will have left for their journey by now, but just in case you haven't

GOOD LUCK   ;)

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2006, 06:14:22 PM »
Hope it's gone really well.

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2006, 06:46:36 PM »
Came on to see if there was any news yet  :-\  Hope Ella is on her way back home with you.  Let us know when we can uncross our fingers!!  :005:
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

PhilNorthYorks

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2006, 08:11:08 PM »
All the best with Ella, Sooty is my first "rescue" dog, and he's great, I absolutely cannot fault him and recomend anyone to have a look in the rescue centres before getting a dog.

Offline anniej

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2006, 09:14:52 AM »
 :'(  We came home without Ella.  I cried alot on the way back, Ella is such a sad girl and badly in need of a bath and tlc.  Piper wanted her to play but she just wanted to be left alone to do her own thing, she does remind me a lot of Avroe who was like that and would never join in the games with other dogs.  They had friendly sniffs and we were hopefull at the begining, but Piper was getting quite interested in the smell of her and she started snapping at him a lot whenever he came close.  Mark thought she would be like that with any dog, boy or girl, again like Avroe was, so he wasn't happy with us taking her.  Sylvia, understandably, didn't want us to 'give it a go', she wants permanent forever homes for her rescue girlies.

We are now back to square one.  It was a very long journey, and would have been much quicker as the crow flies!  I would still like to give a home to a rescue cocker, but finding the right one to fit in with us and Piper is not going to be easy.

Thank you all for your support and kind wishes.

Annie j

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2006, 10:32:21 AM »
Oh what a shame it didn't work out  :'(  :'(  :'(  I'm sure there is the dog for your family waiting somewhere.  I think you have made a very hard but wise decision - it has to be right for all of you, those already in the family and any new ones that join.

Keep positive - as  I say there is a dog out there somewhere just right for you and your family.
Sarah & The Roan Rangers - Daisy Dog & Dill Boy

The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2006, 11:04:46 AM »
Hi Annie,
Sorry that it didn't work out.
Peggy didn't interact well with my two either at first due to her fear.
You'll find another one!
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!