Author Topic: HOME VETTER NEEDED - BANBURY AREA  (Read 3577 times)

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member
Re: HOME VETTER NEEDED - BANBURY AREA
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 08:16:12 AM »

And any homechecker would preferrably have to be associated with a rescue - i.e.- having done homechecks previously etc  ;)
So no friends, family, acquitances saying ' i'll do it for you' - it does happen and then the rescue that the dog is being adopted from refuses because of it !

I dont think anyone has suggested that! I asked because if there is a 'vacancy' in my area, I would be interested in becoming involved in helping dogs find new homes. I cant help by giving a home to a rescue, but would be keen to help in other ways ;)

Zen Dog...he knows not where he is going, for the ocean will decide. Its not the destination....its the glory of the ride.

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2006, 08:54:31 AM »
Good luck with your homevetter. We managed to find one at the weekend in the Peak District area of Derbyshire. Joy of joys all went well and we are going to collect darling Marina  :luv: on Sunday!! Hope to see you then.  :-*

Wonderful news!  Another cocker with a forever home  :luv:
Julie and Watson

Offline PennyB

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2006, 09:16:16 AM »

And any homechecker would preferrably have to be associated with a rescue - i.e.- having done homechecks previously etc  ;)
So no friends, family, acquitances saying ' i'll do it for you' - it does happen and then the rescue that the dog is being adopted from refuses because of it !

I dont think anyone has suggested that! I asked because if there is a 'vacancy' in my area, I would be interested in becoming involved in helping dogs find new homes. I cant help by giving a home to a rescue, but would be keen to help in other ways ;)

when dogpages proper is back up and running then may be post in their vols section for advice as to how to proceed
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline daunting

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2006, 12:03:12 PM »

I only said because it can and does happen  ;)

More h/c are needed in all areas - some homecheckers travel quite a distance if there is no-one else to do it, the more available to do them the better for all concerned.
If there is an RSPCA close to you, see if they run the courses, if not ask at the local rescues ( the ones who do homechecks ) and ask if you can go along with an experienced h/c a few times
And as Penny said - once Dp is up ask on there

Donna, *Tia*, Saffi, Max, Harley, Egan, Mia

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline wend

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2006, 05:15:12 PM »
Thanks everyone for all the help and advice. Just to let you all know I've got the local Dog Warden to do a house check tomorrow. Apparently he has done it before for 'Many Tears'. I'll let you know how it goes.

Offline daunting

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2006, 05:18:08 PM »
fingers crossed for you  :D
Donna, *Tia*, Saffi, Max, Harley, Egan, Mia

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline sal

• Site Member
  • Oska
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2006, 06:19:13 PM »
Oh well done I didn't get anywhere with my contact.  Still waiting for a telephone number.  I'd be very surprised if you have any trouble Wend, your'll meet all the criteria I'm sure.   ;)

:luv:
sal/Oska