Author Topic: 4 cocker girlies at many tears  (Read 14065 times)

Offline wend

• Site Member
Re: 4 cocker girlies at many tears
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2006, 10:40:48 AM »
Great News, we've had our homecheck done this morning and everything was fine.
Hopefully this weekend we'll be collecting Marie. We have decided that we will change her name to Summer.

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2006, 12:12:49 PM »
Hopefully this weekend we'll be collecting Marie. We have decided that we will change her name to Summer.
Yayyyyy!! Welcome to COL Summer. Love the name.
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline Jeeves

• Site Member
  • Mrs Bridges - International Love Goddess!
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2006, 02:34:36 PM »
Well, I emailed MT last night to say that we definitely would take Marmalade but I have not had a reply!  I'm getting a bit worried in case she goes elsewhere  :-\

I tried ringing but the answer machine message said not to leave messages about adoptions so I've emailed again.  Hope they get back to me, I can't bear to think of not having her here!

Annie, thanks for the offer of help - that is very kind of you.  I'll keep you posted!  ;)
Parker, Mrs Bridges, Ronald and Jeeves (my Little Bear, no longer with us) and Nicky (that's me!)

Offline AnnieG

• Site Member
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2006, 03:47:57 PM »
Jeeves, I know it's difficult but I don't think you need to worry about the lack of a reply from Sylvia at MT.  It often takes her a couple of days to catch up with emails, especially if she's got a lot of dogs to cope with (which she certainly has at the moment!).  And she doesn't want messages left because she can't afford to  return all the calls.  If she agreed to reserve Marmalade while you made up your mind, she won't let her go elsewhere.  I can remember chewing my fingernails because there was no red writing against Millie's name, even though it was all agreed and I was preparing for the long drive south.  It eventually showed up ten minutes before I left (and a week after we emailed to say we wanted her).  Have you been homevetted yet?

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2006, 05:04:08 PM »
Congratulations to all on their adoptions!  :D :D
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline wend

• Site Member
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2006, 05:10:17 PM »
Well, I emailed MT last night to say that we definitely would take Marmalade but I have not had a reply!  I'm getting a bit worried in case she goes elsewhere  :-\

I tried ringing but the answer machine message said not to leave messages about adoptions so I've emailed again.  Hope they get back to me, I can't bear to think of not having her here!

Annie, thanks for the offer of help - that is very kind of you.  I'll keep you posted!  ;)

I know exactly how you feel. We're adopting Marie and this week I have been a nervous wreck. I spoke to them on the Friday last week and heard nothing until Tuesday when they said they was struggling to find a homevetter in our area. I'm still waiting again for them to confirm  that they have spoken to the Homevetter and that its all OK. They did say in their last email that they have been particularly busy and she struggling to keep up with all the emails. The red writing took ages to appear so I really wouldn't worry too much I'm sure they'll be in touch soon. You only have to look at the amount of new arrivals to see how busy they must be.

Offline Wendy G

• Site Member
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2006, 08:12:16 PM »
Well done to all of you taking on these rescue girls, I hope that you have lots of years and happy times together.
Wendy, Bailey & Stella

RIP Raisen, Badger,Murphy & Spud

Offline Jeeves

• Site Member
  • Mrs Bridges - International Love Goddess!
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2006, 08:52:12 PM »
Well, I have bad news.

I did get a reply and they seem to think we are not suitable for Marmalade - below is the email they sent me... (I run a livery yard and take Parker and Ronald to work with me)

Hi, Ihave had word back from Sylvia.
Marmalade is really nervous and she doesnt know if she would suit your work regime - would be petrified of horses and open spaces.  She couldnt cope with being left alone if you were to take your other 2 dogs out and as she doesnt go on a lead she cannot go out with you all.
Do you have any way of settling her in before going out to work for a while?  What hours are you usually out of the house each day?
Regards

I have emailed back and pointed out that the last thing I would do is take her to the stables on day one and chuck her out of the car amidst 16 horses!!  Parker stays in the car until all the horses are safely in the field as he has not got good eyesight and can't get out of the way quickly, and I would do the same with Marmalade.  I also pointed out that it took us ages to get Parker used to open space - to begin with he would not go on the grass, just the driveway and I had to carry him outside every time he needed a wee.

I feel really deflated.  We were prepared to drive a round trip of almost 1,000 miles to bring her home to a marvellous home but it looks as though it's not to be.  I cannot imagine who on earth is suitable if we aren't   :'(
Parker, Mrs Bridges, Ronald and Jeeves (my Little Bear, no longer with us) and Nicky (that's me!)

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2006, 09:16:58 PM »
 :'( I don't know what to say.
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline wend

• Site Member
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2006, 09:31:39 PM »
Don't give up just yet. They're still asking you questions, maybe you could suggest that you would leave Marmalade at home with one of the other dogs to start with and pop back at lunch time. It does say on their website that they can be left for upto 4 hours with another dog but not on their own.

Offline sal

• Site Member
  • Oska
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2006, 10:28:28 PM »

Hi Wend,  thats great news, good luck for the weekend and keep us posted.  Summer is a lovely name was that a family decision.

:luv:
sal/Oska

Offline PennyB

« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2006, 11:41:48 PM »
Jeeves --- it only really looks like Sylvia is asking questions re certain things

I will close this thread for now and have opened another for Marmalade.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!