Author Topic: It's official...we're looking!  (Read 3201 times)

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
Re: It's official...we're looking!
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 10:56:10 PM »
fwiw - i wouldn't touch any rescue that let a dog go to into a home where the other dogs were not neutered !
unless it was for medical reasons.

Why? Aren't all rescue dogs neutered anyway?  :-\

Just my opinion, but I'd prefer that particular debate to have its own thread if it is going to be discussed - I'm still a little delicate from the pummelling I got on DP (not from Donna, though), so will stay well away ph34r

oh right  :lol: Sorry wasn't meaning to start a debate just wondered why, as it's not many tears rehoming policy   :shades:. . Had I been told I can only have a rescue dog  if I neuter Billy then there is no way I would  ph34r

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2006, 10:58:25 PM »
Good luck with your search Abby.  :D

My advice is to take your time to find the right dog for you and Alfie.  ;)
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline PennyB

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 12:00:11 AM »
If people want to then may be take these issues up with the rescues themselves --- I also think you have to look at it from their point of view (especially in some areas --- it shocks me to see/hear about some of it, and a few miles north of where I live is another world really) as to why they have so many dogs coming in in the 1st place (or not as they may never get into rescue) regardless of how nice their new/prospective owners may be, and it would be a bit hypocritical of those rescues not to expect people to neuter their dogs if they are actively promoting it themselves for those that live in these areas in the 1st place.

At the end of the day there will also be some rescues who will also not rehome to fulltime workers or people with young children, again because of their own personal experience or beliefs or just the dogs in their care aren't suitable for those categories, and there will be some who disagree with this anyway.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 05:14:49 PM »

Or Clive   ;) :005: :005:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2006, 05:23:49 PM »

::)  ::) I was just re-reading the thread and my post, and I thought Alfie? I don't think its Alfie. I was just about to go check....but you found me out first.  ph34r  :005:

Sorry Abby, it was late!!!! I shall start again.....My advice is to take your time to find the right dog for you and Clive  ;)
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2006, 05:25:50 PM »

::)  ::) I was just re-reading the thread and my post, and I thought Alfie? I don't think its Alfie. I was just about to go check....but you found me out first.  ph34r  :005:

Sorry Abby, it was late!!!! I shall start again.....My advice is to take your time to find the right dog for you and Clive  ;)

Sorry hun... just made me laff! Hope it was my Alfie you were thinking about!  :005: :005:

:-*
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2006, 05:27:40 PM »

Sorry hun... just made me laff! Hope it was my Alfie you were thinking about!  :005: :005:

:-*

Of course it was  :luv:  :luv:  :lol: