Author Topic: Louie at WAW  (Read 2215 times)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Louie at WAW
« on: December 07, 2006, 09:03:46 PM »
Gorgeous 4 year old blue roan boy handed in because of an allergy in the family  :'(

He is lovely and apparently very well trained!  :luv: :luv:

http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=126309
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline daunting

• Site Member
Re: Louie at WAW
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 09:08:55 PM »

Gorgeous  :luv: :luv:
Donna, *Tia*, Saffi, Max, Harley, Egan, Mia

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline Harriet

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 09:46:08 PM »
OMG  :o He is stunning  :luv: How does he get on with cats?  :005:

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 10:47:29 PM »
What a lovely lovely boy  :luv: :luv:

I cant believe that it has taken 4 years for an allergy to develop  >:D or am I being a little unfair ?

I am sure that he will be out like a flash  :luv:

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 10:57:18 PM »
I cant believe that it has taken 4 years for an allergy to develop  >:D or am I being a little unfair ?

Maybe the make up of the family has changed and a "new" member is allergic?  :-\

It's a shame that his coat has been left to get in a bit of a state - but he has obviously had time spent with him as he knows obedience and tricks - I'm sure he'll make a wonderful addition to someone's family  :luv:
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 10:59:58 PM »
What a lovely lovely boy  :luv: :luv:

I am sure that he will be out like a flash  :luv:

Was just about to post the same thing as Rachel, it's possible that they have had a child which has allergies or some other change has taken place  ;)
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 11:40:16 PM »
it's possible that they have had a child which has allergies or some other change has taken place  ;)
Many years ago we had two cats. But when our third child was born she was allergic to them and was constantly covered in hives. So we had to rehome the cats.  :'(  :'(

He is lovely, so hopefully he will find a new home soon.  :luv:

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 11:45:02 PM »
Id have him if I didnt have 3 already, poor dog hes lovely. i bet he finds a home asap. :luv:

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 11:46:06 PM »
He is just gorgeous.  :luv:

Poor boy will feel so much better when his coat is sorted out, it must be very uncomfortable for him.  :'(

I hope he gets his forever home really soon.  :luv:
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline raylou

• Site Member
  • MY 2 BABIES
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 08:42:07 AM »
I`m in love  :luv: What a cutie pie. I`d take him in a heartbeat but I`m not sure Bonnie would take kindly to being bossed about by an older brother  ;)

I wish I could stop looking at these rescue dogs, it upsets me too much.  :'( If I only had more time, space and money to help them.
Rachael & Bonnie xx

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 02:56:29 PM »
awww what a gorgeous lad  :luv: ..wish I had more room  ::)  ...hope he has a lovely new home very  soon
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 04:54:07 PM »
Allergies can come on very suddenly!

In the past few yeas I have become allergic to most washing powders and fabric conditioners that I have always been ok with beofre that.

He's lovely. Sure he won't be waiting long.

I do think it's a shame when the rescues insist on existing dogs being neutered though. I wish they would look at individual cases and discuss with prospective new owners their reasons etc.

Offline haziefantazie

• Site Member
  • It wasn't me!
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 05:07:57 PM »
What a beauty :luv: I got my Cocker from here. I wish he would allow another dog in the home, as i think this would be a lovely christmas prezzie to me  >:D He is great with dogs outside, but can be possessive in the home, so I don't know what he would be like with another dog in the home full time :huh: I really do want another tho.
Many will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave pawprints in your heart.

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 09:44:44 PM »
My oh suddenly became allergic to dogs with white in their coats, after years of living with 2 beardies.  We have Ben who is black and that is ok, tried to add a blue roan pup and oh suffered a severe asthmatic reaction.  We are desperate to have a second dog and look at all the rescues (Jack the red boy is so georgous!!) but are scared oh will be allergic and the dog would have to go back which would break everyones heart.

Bens mum

Offline isla

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2006, 08:34:01 AM »
I agree with what everyone says about allergies coming on. I got a british blue cat when i was 18 and was fine about a year\later i developed terrible asthma. Eventually we linked it with the cat after i spent a summer working abroad and had no probs until i came home! I struggled for 5 years with it as i could bear for him to go somewhere else. Eventually i had to find him a new home. He now lives with my brother's partner's sister and is very happy and i no longer have to use an inhaler all the time. in fact its been five years since I had an attack!