Author Topic: NESSR: The lovely Lily, 10 months old, Scotland - still looking!  (Read 14324 times)

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
Re: The lovely Lily, 10 months old, Scotland
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2007, 06:19:14 PM »
So sorry, how disappointing for you  :-\

But you have to do the right thing for Maddie, and gorgeous Lily will find a home  :luv:
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2007, 06:28:22 PM »
Oh Jackie, I know just how you feel. This happened to us last year and I was broken hearted. But I am sure the perfect dog will come up for you, and the perfect home will come up for Lily too.

Hugs for now.

So hard, especially with the long drive etc.

Offline JackieD

• Site Member
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2007, 07:16:26 PM »
Hi evryone,

Thanks for all you lovely messages, I am still crying my heart out, she is so beautiful but once Freya wasn't around and it was just the 4 of us Lily seemed quite tense which I expected and as Freya had explained she had a bit of a treat/food aggression that didn't worry us, we are both around 24/7 and felt we could deal with it but once in the confines of the caravan I think she felt very threatened Maddy picked up on it and from then on you could have cut the tension between them with a knife.
I am so heartbroken I have a lovely photo of the two of them together cuddling into me I thought there was not going to be the slightest problem with them, sadly that all deteriated badly during the night and next morning.
I felt I couldn't risk Maddy's sunny nature and getting Lily all the way down here for it not to work out, she was so excited to see Freya and her hubby after just 24 hours, I felt very inadequate   :'(
Mark she really would blossom with you I am sure  :luv:
I am glad you all agree I have done the right thing, my heart said take her home but my head won in the end and I did what I felt was the best for Lily, for Maddy and us :'( :'(
She will remain in our hearts as though she really had been our dog forever  :luv: :'(

Offline ClareB

• Site Member
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2007, 07:39:22 PM »
She will remain in our hearts as though she really had been our dog forever  :luv: :'(

This is how we felt when we let Mikey go after fostering him for a couple of weeks last year.  We know it was the best decision for us, Milo and Mikey, but it still hurts and you really wish it could have been different.   :-\  We still miss Mikey now and often talk about him and wonder how he's doing.  Lily's forever home is just around the corner, I'm sure, it's just such a shame it couldn't be with you guys.   :-\  Thinking of you. 
Clare, Milo & Mocha

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2007, 08:39:58 PM »
We brought home a lovely whippet cross when we were looking and we bonded with her soo much in just the few days she was here - with the exception of my son who was terrified of her because she was too lively, she'd jump over the back of the settee from stand still and son resorted to staying in his room, despite some advantages of this, the dog was supposed to help get over his fears in leaving the house and we were heart-broken to return her.

Everything for a reason as soon after that we found Jasper and you lot  :luv:

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
    • http://www.topbarks.co.uk
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2007, 08:44:34 PM »

Mark she really would blossom with you I am sure  :luv:
I am glad you all agree I have done the right thing, my heart said take her home but my head won in the end and I did what I felt was the best for Lily, for Maddy and us :'( :'(

Jackie, I am so sorry it didn't work out.
I would love her and she would do just great here but I have to think of my marriage especially as Bayley has just trampled mud all over the newly shampooed carpet in the lounge. >:D( Mrs Top Barks was not impressed.)
I reckon I'll be out in a kennel if I broach the subject of a fourth mess monster! :005:
She is indeed stunning and she will not take long to find a home I'm sure.
I wish it was with me, but it is impossible at the moment. :'(
Are you not tempted to keep her Freya? :luv:
I think I ask this question of you everytime you post a rescue stunner on here. ;)

Mark Sanderson BSc Hons (canine behaviour), FdSc CBT, CAP 1, CAP 2
Member of The Association Of Pet Dog Trainers (00977)

Check out my website http://www.topbarks.co.uk/  www.yorkdogtrainer.co.uk

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2007, 08:50:19 PM »

Jackie again I'm so sorry that things didn't work out with Lily and Maddie. I know exactly what you mean with this statement as Tilly really did feel like my dog from the very first moment I saw her, I don't know why but she was just 'mine' and from the moment she got home it was like she'd always been here so if for whatever reason I hadn't been able to keep her I'd have been absolutely heartbroken. Although of course if I'd been in the same situation as you where she and Alfie didn't get on then of course I would have had to do what was best for Alfie as you have done for Maddie. Thinking of you  :-* :-*
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2007, 08:54:54 PM »
Just for you Boof, looking angelic in the sunshine  :luv:

:luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:  :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:
you get the idea I sort of like the look of her :luv:

As you can see they are a little alike Lilly and Bayley

Offline JackieD

• Site Member
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2007, 09:16:36 PM »
Goodness Mark, you would think they were twins  :005:
I understand that you can't take Lily, I guess Mrs T has enough paws running all over, then of course you too  :005:

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2007, 09:22:23 PM »
So sorry it didn't work out Jackie - but good for you for putting the welfare of both those lovely girls first  :-\  I know it is hard now but I am sure Lily will find a suitable home very soon and another doggy will come along to be Maddy's best buddy  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2007, 10:08:23 PM »
Goodness Mark, you would think they were twins  :005:
I understand that you can't take Lily, I guess Mrs T has enough paws running all over, then of course you too  :005:
I too was in tears over a golden cocker that never worked out about 3 years ago now.
He took a chunk out of Doug within a week which needed veterinary treatment and I decided it wasn't fair on him.
I think you have been very brave and responsible in making the right choice for your doggie.
Mark

Offline JackieD

• Site Member
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2007, 04:28:29 PM »
It still hurts  :'( but it such great news that she is with Rhona now, at least we can watch her progress  :luv: plus that little teeny tiny bit of her will be with us always :luv:

Offline PennyB

Re: The lovely Lily, 10 months old, Scotland - still looking
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2007, 06:36:54 PM »
Lily is still available for rehoming :luv:
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Joules

• Administrator
Re: NESSR: The lovely Lily, 10 months old, Scotland - still looking!
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2007, 06:43:17 PM »
Eh, what happened?  I thought she was staying with Rhona  :huh: :huh:
Julie and Watson

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
Re: NESSR: The lovely Lily, 10 months old, Scotland - still looking!
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2007, 06:45:48 PM »
I was only wondering yesterday how Sam and Lily were getting on together.  :-\ It's a shame it didn't work out.  :'(