Author Topic: Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales): Charlie, 1y old working cocker boy  (Read 9529 times)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
I have sent back the adoption application. Just have to wait now......

I hope not too long... have you told them you have people sitting around with their fingers crossed, I can't get a thing done y'know  >:(
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline sabrino

• Site Member
 :005: I'm with Nicola on that one! Charlie Charlie Charlie !  :luv:
Sabrina, Milo & Lupin x

Offline emilyjw

• Site Member
  • However crap the day cocker kisses aren't far away
    • Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)
I've started updating their website for them, so will refuse to remove him unless he goes to you...

Fingers and paws crossed..
Emily & the Jabracken fluffies - Bracken, Hermes and Jasminex

http://www.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk

Offline Alpha

• Site Member
oh girls you are brilliant thank you....I keepin typing with my fingers crossed which isn't too bad. However trying to get Luke dressed like this is a nightmare. :005:

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
I am so excited for you Alpha - fingers and paws crossed for you down here in Sunny Bournemouth!  :D
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline Alpha

• Site Member
ABSOLUTELY GUTTED. :'(
We are not allowed to have Charlie, as Lilly isn't speyed. I really do think this isn't fair as she is only 6 months old and its not something i would do to her unless I had to. Charlie is neutured so I really can't see the problem.
But I am probably missing the point here feel really sad and disapointed at the moment.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
ABSOLUTELY GUTTED. :'(
We are not allowed to have Charlie, as Lilly isn't speyed. I really do think this isn't fair as she is only 6 months old and its not something i would do to her unless I had to. Charlie is neutured so I really can't see the problem.
But I am probably missing the point here feel really sad and disapointed at the moment.

No way! I was allowed to have Tilly even though Alfie isn't neutered. Surely if Charlie is castatrated it won't make a difference. Can you phone them to explain that she's only 6 months old? Oh no  :'( :'(
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Aearoniel

• Site Member
  • Callie
That's awful news, so sorry you're not getting him :( I can't see why that is a problem either esp. as Charlie is neutered :(

Offline PennyB

At the end of the day rescues have certain policies/criteria and sadly these will ultimately disappoint some people.

If anyone wants to discuss these in general then either begin another thread or privately contact the rescues concerned.

This thread will now continue about the rehoming of Charlie

Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Simon

• Site Member
  • Tommy Bonaloo
Charlie looks just like my Tommy?! Except with tail. Amazing really, how do you tell he's a worker?

Good luck to him though, deserves a good home!  :D

Offline PennyB

Charlie looks just like my Tommy?! Except with tail. Amazing really, how do you tell he's a worker?

Apart from the fact that he's from working lines he has a a very different look than a show type
Friends of Hailey Park

Offline PennyB

His foster carer tells me he's a bright, very friendly intelligent boy who gets on with everyone and everything (although he may chase cats).

He his going through an adolescent phase though so will need someone with the time and patience to train him --- he recently chewed through various leads and a harness ::)
Friends of Hailey Park

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
--- he recently chewed through various leads and a harness ::)

He's in good company - Bonnee ate one of my shoes earlier this week  ::)

He is gorgeous - he has such distinctive markings and by his photo's he seems to have a lot of presence - does that make sense ? ph34r

Good luck Charlie - I am sure you will find a good home really soon  :luv:
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Spangle

• Site Member
I also met Charlie recently.  He will be a fantastic dog for that lucky someone, he's a lovely friendly boy, very bright and keen to please, IMHO a potential agility star in waiting!

My hubby is laying down the law about getting number 5  >:D but I would have loved to have him, I still can't stop thinking about him  :'(

I hope Charlie finds his special, forever home soon  :luv:
Rachel, Sophie, Billy, Ted, Bonnie & Sammy xxxx

Offline Alpha

• Site Member
Please please please let it be someone off here then I can keep having my charlie fix  :005: and see how well he is getting on.l