Author Topic: Wish Me Luck!  (Read 21289 times)

Offline Fran

• Site Member
Wish Me Luck!
« on: January 17, 2004, 11:20:32 AM »
Hi all,

A little 14 week old Cocker Spaniel called Charlie has come up for adoption on the dogpages website.  I put myself forward to offer him a home on Wednesday.  The Rescue centre who have him still have not made their decission and the suspense is absolutely KILLING me!  I know they have had hundreds of people wanting to adopt him so don't know how much of a chance I have got :cry:

The really spooky thing though as with us already making plans to get another Cocker Spaniel we had already decided on the name "Charlie"

I'll let you know the outcome good :D or bad :cry:

Fran                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Wish Me Luck!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2004, 11:43:51 AM »
Oh good luck Fran - its got to be fate :D  I'll keep everything crossed for you. Hope you hear soon or the suspense will soon kill me :wink:                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Fran

• Site Member
Wish Me Luck!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2004, 11:58:29 AM »
Thanks Gill!

The wait is driving me absolutely BONKERS!  I've been in my office most of the morning waiting for some news by email or on the website (No housework being done this weekend!)  Know everyone else who has put themselves forward to adopt little Charlie must be in the same state as me.  Since Wednesday 15th when the post was added upto this morning there has been 2727 views of the thread!
 :shock:                    

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Wish Me Luck!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2004, 01:15:46 PM »
Good luck Fran, there has to be one lucky person so fingers croosed it's you :wink:                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Wish Me Luck!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2004, 01:22:47 PM »
Good luck Fran...keeping my fingers crossed for you  :wink:

Gilly                    

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
Wish Me Luck!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2004, 01:43:13 PM »
Good luck from me too Fran - I hope the coincidences swing it your way.                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline Beano and Charlies mum

• Site Member
    • http://img20.photobucket.com/albums/v60/beanosmum/
Wish Me Luck!
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2004, 02:27:50 PM »
Fran, I have also put myself forward to rehome Charlie too !!!!!

And i know completely how you feel !!!!!! Cant dreg myself away from the computer, waiting to find out who the lucky person is !!!!!! Debi said last night that they are still receiving offers of a home for him and have never had so many offers for one little pup !!!!!

Samx                    

lynseyloo

Wish Me Luck!
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2004, 02:27:56 PM »
yes I know another person that is sitting waiting for news whether shes lucky enough to be his new mummy... the thing is theres only one charlie.. but many more dogies needin homes, so I am sure it will all work  out..  :wink:  :)

edited to say...oooh there she is sittin on top of my post..  :lol:                    

Offline Fran

• Site Member
Wish Me Luck!
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2004, 02:55:14 PM »
Hi Sam,

Wondered if anyone on COL would have been wanting to adopt Charlie as well.  

I sincerely wish you good luck.   I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you (and of course myself)  I feel so sorry for Debi having to make the decision... suprised her computer hasn't blown up yet with all the emails :shock:   Think I am going to go and have a quick glass of Pinot Gregiou in the pub  to get myself away from my computer for even half an hour

Wishing you good luck again,  :wink:

Fran                    

• Site Member
Wish Me Luck!
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2004, 03:04:21 PM »
Thank you so much Fran,

I also wish you all the luck in the world !!!!! And completely understand that we will both be gutted if it isnt either of us !!!! :cry: I have practically lived on here since Wednesday !!!! :shock:  Just wish she could make the decission and put us out of our misery !!!!! Isnt it sily how it turns your day to day life upside down, cause there is just that little bit of hope that it might be you !!!!! All i wish is that Charlie gets the loving forever home that he truly deserves and isnt passed from pillar to post anymore !!!!! He has had too many homes for such a ickle boy !!!!!!

Samx                    

• Site Member
Wish Me Luck!
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2004, 04:06:26 PM »
Fran, where are you ????

I am out of the running now !!!!! :cry:  Have just had an e mail saying that they have now decided that he needs to go with children 8 years or older !!!! As he can be a little shy ????

You not got any of those have you Fran !!!! Kids under 8 ????

Oh My fingers are soooo crossed for you know !!!!!

Right off to sulk in the corner with a box of kleenex and my fags !!!!! :cry:  :cry:                    

lynseyloo

Wish Me Luck!
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2004, 04:45:36 PM »
awwww  :cry:  :cry:  well come on Fran.. fingers crossed for you  :wink:                    

Offline Fran

• Site Member
Wish Me Luck!
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2004, 05:15:29 PM »
Hi Sam and Lyndsey....

Just back in the office AGAIN!  (Had to go drag myself away from the computer and buy some food for the family at some point before they all starved to death!)  

Ohh Sam, I'm SO SO sorry believe me :cry: My 2 children :?: Emma aged 19 and James 17.  I still do not know either way Oh my God... now don't know if I'm still in with a chance to have Litte Charlie or Debbie's computer has blown up afterall.  I know how you must be feeling Sam and I am getting the gut feeling I will be feeling exactly the same as you by the end of the weekend  :cry:

Don't know now if I'm ever going to go home tonight to cook the food (luckily enough my office is 5 doors away from my house so maybe Emma, James or my other half will bring the food to me!)

Take care Sam, I am really thinking of how you must be feeling :cry:                    

Offline tracey

• Site Member
    • http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk
Wish Me Luck!
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2004, 06:28:21 PM »
Sorry Sam that things didn`t work out for You :cry:

Maybe Fran will have better news and we will be able to hear about the little chap here on the board. Hope the poor little mite finds a lovely home.

14 weeks old :shock:  Poor little thing :cry:  I have looked on dogpages but I can`t find any details about him, perhaps I am looking in the wrong place :?  Can anyone help :?:  I don't want to adopt him but I would like to find out a bit more about him.

Tracey.                    
http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk

Love All
Trust A Few
Do Wrong To None
William Shakespeare

• Site Member
Wish Me Luck!
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2004, 06:37:34 PM »
Thanks Fran  :D

Thought i would be able to stay away from the computer for a while but i am now so hoping you get him that i keep coming back to see if you have posted anything !!!!! :lol:

If she hasnt contacted you, it must be good, cause i know she has been whittling the offers down !!!!

Please let us know how you go on and if you should get him you best keep me updated on him !!!!! :lol:  :lol:

Fingers toes and everything crossable done here !!! :lol: Good luck Fran !!!!!