Author Topic: Snoopy, 7 month old Many Tears working cocker  (Read 6474 times)

Offline Aearoniel

• Site Member
  • Callie
Re: Snoopy, 7 month old Many Tears working cocker
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2008, 02:49:48 PM »
MT site now says this lil lad is reavailable :( poor mite.

Offline mentalcat

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2008, 04:30:16 PM »
(((((Guess who's coming to my house tomorrow? :005:))))))

Ali

Offline Aearoniel

• Site Member
  • Callie
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2008, 05:27:30 PM »
I retract the poor mite statement and replace it with soon to be spoiled mite :)  :luv:

Offline mentalcat

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2008, 06:01:58 PM »
You know me too well :005: :005:

Ali

Offline sabrino

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2008, 10:13:24 AM »
Piccies please, he's beaut!!
Sabrina, Milo & Lupin x

Offline CJ

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2008, 08:55:11 PM »
He looks very much like the one some friends of mine had seen and wanted to rehome.   They live in a tiny hamlet, have acres of fields to walk round, both morning and night, do agility so know about lively bouncy dogs, and have someone look in at their dogs on the afternoons someone isn't home before 4.30 pm.  Yet they were told they weren't suitable as they work full time??   :huh:

Might not be the same dog, but the names the same.

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2008, 09:27:30 PM »
different rescues have different requirements - I can't comment on the suitability of your friends as potential owners,  but I will say that with a 7 month old working cocker who needs a lot of training and attention that full time working parents may not be what the rescue envisage for this boy.
helen & jarvis x

Offline bee happy go

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2008, 09:30:46 PM »
Hi there I called many tears on Fri about Snoopy and they said he was being home vetted !! :'(
Is he re-available because I'm really interested in giving him a home ???
I live in South Wales so don't think I'm far ??
I will have to phone them first thing am !!!
Beth  :D :D

Offline mentalcat

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2008, 10:28:20 PM »
Well,  He's now here with me in Hertfordshire and what can i say........

Nutty as the proverbial fruitcake! :005:

Lovely boy, not much muscle tone (give it a few weeks!). absolutely NO MANNERS, either with dogs or people. He's friendly, but just doesn't know how to interact with dogs without being a bit pushy.  Quite vocal and yappy (give it a few weeks!). Has very odd back dew claws (very loose and wobbly :005:??), full tail, and a very lived in smelly coat.

He definitely is NOT a dog for novice owners, i would go so far as to say that he really needs to go to working spaniel owners who are used to the little 'issues' that will come up in training.

He is on the go all the time, been here since about 12.30 lunchtime and has not sat down for more than 20 seconds, he just cannot seem to switch off at all!  I think that a lot of it is mental energy with no outlet, but he makes me feel knackered just looking at him.

He is cat 'interested', mine are all bolshy adults that don't mind giving nosy dogs a good swipe, BUT, if they ran, i think he would chase. Transfixed by my noisy guinea pigs, but again, he would hunt them if he could.

He also doesn't mind trying to 'snatch' food from the kids (give it another few weeks!!).

A lot of this behaviour is just down to his age and the excitement of having a big garden with 3 dogs to play with, BUT he could very easily turn into a complete nightmare if he was bored.

Anyway, pics tomorrow or the day after.

Ali

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2008, 10:32:56 PM »
awww good luck Ali  ;)

Sounds like with some 'normality', consistency and routine (and maybe a bath  :005: ) he'll get the hang of it

(weird dew claw issue tho!)

can't wait for the pics  :D
helen & jarvis x

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
    • http://www.topbarks.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2008, 10:52:56 AM »
Well,  He's now here with me in Hertfordshire and what can i say........

Nutty as the proverbial fruitcake! :005:

Lovely boy, not much muscle tone (give it a few weeks!). absolutely NO MANNERS, either with dogs or people. He's friendly, but just doesn't know how to interact with dogs without being a bit pushy.  Quite vocal and yappy (give it a few weeks!). Has very odd back dew claws (very loose and wobbly :005:??), full tail, and a very lived in smelly coat.

He definitely is NOT a dog for novice owners, i would go so far as to say that he really needs to go to working spaniel owners who are used to the little 'issues' that will come up in training.

He is on the go all the time, been here since about 12.30 lunchtime and has not sat down for more than 20 seconds, he just cannot seem to switch off at all!  I think that a lot of it is mental energy with no outlet, but he makes me feel knackered just looking at him.

He is cat 'interested', mine are all bolshy adults that don't mind giving nosy dogs a good swipe, BUT, if they ran, i think he would chase. Transfixed by my noisy guinea pigs, but again, he would hunt them if he could.

He also doesn't mind trying to 'snatch' food from the kids (give it another few weeks!!).

A lot of this behaviour is just down to his age and the excitement of having a big garden with 3 dogs to play with, BUT he could very easily turn into a complete nightmare if he was bored.

Anyway, pics tomorrow or the day after.

Ali

Sounds like somebody i took on two years ago ;)

Mark Sanderson BSc Hons (canine behaviour), FdSc CBT, CAP 1, CAP 2
Member of The Association Of Pet Dog Trainers (00977)

Check out my website http://www.topbarks.co.uk/  www.yorkdogtrainer.co.uk

Offline bee happy go

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2008, 11:26:19 AM »
Hi I'm gutted to say I don't think hes the dog for us,As much as I would love to give him a home I don't think I could give him the care that he really needs,I had an email from MT and they said that I work to many hours to be able to re home  a rescue dog I only work 17-18hrs a week and come home at lunch !!!
I have just visited the local dogs home and they have cocker spaniel x puppies looking for a home does anyone have advice for me regarding the x breed,I'm just concerned about temperament and health problems as I don't know the background of the puppies ???Thanks
Beth ::)

Offline mentalcat

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2008, 01:14:13 PM »
Hiya Beth,

I suppose that it depends on what the other half of the cross is :005:

cocker x terrier for instance, COULD be lovely or could be a bit of a nightmare. Can you find out what the parents are and let us know, we could probably offer more suggestions if we know.

Good luck - Ali

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2008, 06:23:39 PM »
Good luck with Snoopy Ali, I'm sure after a couple of weeks with you he'll be a different dog  :D
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline mentalcat

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2008, 11:33:36 PM »
Hello all,

Couple of pics, not very good ones i'm afraid.

Will fill you in tomorrow - he's a little monkey, and a howler monkey at that :005:

Ali