Author Topic: Rocky - 6yr old Orange and White cocker  (Read 7582 times)

Offline bev6951

• Site Member
Re: Rocky - 6yr old Orange and White cocker
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2008, 12:40:58 PM »
Hi, I am rather new to this site - I have been reading all about Rocky and am completely in love!  :luv: We have been looking for a rescue cocker for months with no luck, so I have filled in the forms and sent them back.

I imagine that hundreds of people also have their fingers crossed for this gorgeous boy.

Anyway, I will just have to wait and hope. Wishing Rocky all the best for a speedy recovery xxx

GOOD LUCK......keeping everything crossed for you
ME TOO!!  :D
Bev, Wilson & Mylee xxx

Offline stuffster

• Luna
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2008, 01:19:29 PM »
Thanks guys, but Ive just realised that on the Hope site, they suggest children over 10 years old. I have 2 little ones (4 and 6) but they are really gentle and very good with animals, so Im hoping this doesnt go against our application.

I havent heard anything back - Im as anxious as an expectant mother waiting to hear anything, but I understand that these things take time. There is probably a stack of emails about Rocky to go through, he is so adorable.

Ah well, must have patience.  ::)

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline daunting

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2008, 02:27:34 PM »
I have said 10yrs because Rocky has growled when handled unexpectedly - obviously he is in discomfort atm and this may well be the reason but i feel he would be better suited to older children anyway who would leave him to do his own thing and have cuddles when he knows they are coming and not be grabbed unexpectedly.

I am in no way implying that yours will but we have to err on the side of caution at all times especially where young children are concerned.
Donna, *Tia*, Saffi, Max, Harley, Egan, Mia

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline nataliea

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2008, 03:51:10 PM »
Any news re-this gorgeous fella? Was hoping a fellow CoL'er may have had room for him?!  :D  Have kept trying this end to find him a home but am afraid no joy  ph34r
Nat and the Fabulous Cocker Boys.

Offline manda

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2008, 09:16:48 PM »
I have said I wold offer him a home. We had a bit of a domestic crisis which meant I couldn't take Jessie from Lizzies Barn (which made me very sad but am glad she found a new home) but we are sorted now and want to give a home to another cocker. However, I havent heard despite emailing and calling  :-(

Offline daunting

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2008, 09:46:28 PM »
Manda - the foster co-ordinator has loads of emails/phone calls to get through and may not have had time to look at yours yet.

Offline nataliea

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2008, 01:08:18 PM »
I have said I wold offer him a home. We had a bit of a domestic crisis which meant I couldn't take Jessie from Lizzies Barn (which made me very sad but am glad she found a new home) but we are sorted now and want to give a home to another cocker. However, I havent heard despite emailing and calling  :-(

Keep trying Manda, these people are soooooooooooo busy, I had too, felt like a stalker  ph34r  but it was worth it in the end as my Smirfy completed the family  :luv:

Offline manda

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2008, 06:32:19 PM »
I will, thanks! Am  emailing again right now!!

Offline daunting

• Site Member
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2008, 03:46:14 PM »
update...

Rocky has had some interest but he cannot now be re-homed with children so can't go ahead with those ...

He is a lovely boy - loves going out in the car, is desperate for a walk atm and tries to pull me out of the gate to go on one  ::)
but until his wounds have healed properly he will have to wait..

He loves cleaning ears and will clean both of mine if i move my head for him  :lol2:
Gives lovely cuddles though he is a bit of a weight and likes to sit on my legs and squash me  ::)
Is good on meeting people coming into the house and will go to say hello but not over the top...
Until my son's girlfriend walked in - Rocky went really silly and was wagging and bouncing for his worth  ::) :D
Definitely a lady's man  ;)

He is no trouble at all in the house - very clean, though had one or two accidents the first day or so but that's to be expected, sleeps all night and will wait at the door to be let out in the morning, he will winge if i am taking my time though, barks to be let back in after he has finished...

Loves his food and isn't keen on being on a diet and will pace the kitchen expectantly but i ignore him and he gives up and goes off to his bed  :D

I barely know he is here, such an easy chap to look after  :luv:

but..

he isn't keen on being handled when his ears need doing and will growl, atm i am muzzling him to do it and he settles when it is on and lets me do them with no problem.
He will need muzzling initially for vet visits too - he is having his stitches out soon and will not like it  ::)
He will growl if handled unexpectedly and for this reason he cannot be re-homed with young children as he has gone for my 16yr old when he was disturbed - to be fair to Rocky though it was dark and he had no idea Alex was there and when he reached down by him to get something he startled him from his sleep, so caution is needed, though dogs should be left alone when sleeping anyway !!

With the right home and patience i am sure his dislike of being handled for these things can be overcome  :D

Offline nataliea

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2008, 03:14:53 PM »
Any news on a permanent home for this handsome fella?  :luv:

Offline rolo_pawprints

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2008, 09:55:36 PM »
Donna, I thought Rocky was coming by "recorded delivery"??  ;)
Lizzies Barn Sanctuary

rehoming.lizziesbarn@googlemail.com

Offline AnnaB

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2008, 10:37:27 PM »
Hi.  I'm confused - I can't see Rocky on the Hope website.  It is probably me being dozey though  ::)

I have been asked to keep my ear to the ground for a calmish cocker for an active retired single man.  He has just lost his cocker girly who was his constant companion and he is feeling very lost without her.  He would be guaranteed lots of walks and a quiet home with cats. Do you think this home would suit Rocky?  If so I will pass the details on to him  :blink:

Offline daunting

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2008, 02:43:18 PM »
Rocky is back up on the Hope site now

Only just seen this Anna - is he still interested as we are looking for an 'older' home for Rocky

Rocky has had his stitches out now - he had to have them re-done and although better he still has a hole that needs closing up, the position of his wound isn't helping as he likes to lie down with his legs stretched out in front of him so keeps pulling it and it no doubt rubs the floor/bed etc
so he has a bandage on............

do you think its big enough  ph34r :005:

oh and the chunky monkey has lost 2lbs - only another 12 to go  :lol2:

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2008, 10:15:56 PM »
Hi Donna,

Any fresh news on Rocky ?

I am crossing my fingers that he is settled into his forever home.   :blink:

Offline daunting

• Site Member
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2008, 06:22:06 PM »
still here  ::)

he has his bandage off now - finally after 3wks !!

Rocky is good with cats  :D

Has good recall - though does pretend not to hear sometimes  >:(

Loves going for a paddle ..

and then finding something 'not so nice' to roll in  >:(

Posing  :luv:

he's a bit of a ladies man too  :shades: