Author Topic: Impress - male at Many Tears  (Read 7925 times)

Offline debrand

• Site Member
  • My angels Barney 2004-08 and Jet 2005-09
Re: Impress - male at Many Tears
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2009, 06:25:14 PM »
I would love Impress but I live in Northern Ireland so practically it might not be possible.   :huh:
So if you go for him and are successful I would be delighted for him and you  :luv: :luv:

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2009, 07:24:55 PM »
its not too soon if its the right time for you  :luv:

We are all different, I would want another dog straight away - I couldn't bear having a cocker sized space in my house and my heart, but for others they need to wait until the time is right, only you know which is right for you

But....if you are asking the question then maybe it is right  ;) I don't think you would have even thought about it if it was too soon

Good luck whatever you decide

Bens mum :luv:

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2009, 08:33:03 PM »
Viv, I think your heart will tell you what to do and I'm a billion percent positive that Nelly would want you to open your heart to another puppy farm dog  :luv: :luv: :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline AnnieG

• Site Member
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2009, 09:40:55 PM »
Viv, I think your heart will tell you what to do and I'm a billion percent positive that Nelly would want you to open your heart to another puppy farm dog  :luv: :luv: :luv:

Couldn't agree more.  The best tribute you can pay to Nelly is to bring happiness to another dog who has come from the same misery as her.  And it is the best possible thing to help you heal.  It won't be just another dog but a dog that needs you as much as Nelly did, so you can use the special skills you learnt with her.  It's something you are uniquely qualified to do.  With Nelly, you went through something that very few other people would stick at.  Therefore, you understand what is needed and can make life a lot easier for Impress than someone who has never taken on a p/f dog.  If you feel it's right and you are ready, go for it ...  with love and admiration from all of us.  :luv:

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2009, 09:48:56 PM »

Couldn't agree more.  The best tribute you can pay to Nelly is to bring happiness to another dog who has come from the same misery as her.  And it is the best possible thing to help you heal.  It won't be just another dog but a dog that needs you as much as Nelly did, so you can use the special skills you learnt with her.  It's something you are uniquely qualified to do.  With Nelly, you went through something that very few other people would stick at.  Therefore, you understand what is needed and can make life a lot easier for Impress than someone who has never taken on a p/f dog.  If you feel it's right and you are ready, go for it ...  with love and admiration from all of us.  :luv:
Completely agree :luv:
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2009, 11:20:15 AM »
Getting Aidee was the only way my broken heart was going to start to heal after losing Harmy so he came home a month after Harmy died  ;) best thing I did  :shades: I did feel slightly guilty, but the love I have for Aidee is totally different and he hasn't replaced Harmy, thats not possible !!! Each of the groovy gang gives me something different and Harmy will always be with me, but Aidee gives me something new and it did take the edge off the hurt!

I would love to give this fella a home, he sounds lovely, but you must only do it if it does feel right.

Zen Dog...he knows not where he is going, for the ocean will decide. Its not the destination....its the glory of the ride.

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2009, 07:51:43 AM »
Many thanks for all your words of encouragement but I have decided not to go for Impress. Dillon is too poorly and needs my undivided attention. I won't ramble on here about him, it would be off-topic. I'll put it in the General section.

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2009, 09:54:23 PM »
Update from MT:

21-05-09 UPDATE

We went with our own dogs to a companion dog show on Sunday and when we entered Impress in the Rescue Class he threw out his chest and tried so hard that he won the 3rd prize. I am so proud of him. This lovely, gentle little dog tries so hard to please. He is now clean in the house and walks well on the lead. He enjoys his walks but does not demand a huge amount of exercise. Always loving and pleased to be with us, I can recommend him as the perfect family

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2009, 09:56:30 PM »
Bless him - he looks soooo much happier in his photo now  :D

I hope he gets a lovely home soon.  :luv:
Julie and Watson

Offline debrand

• Site Member
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2009, 10:09:39 PM »
I did contact them but unfortunately they cannot rehome to Northern Ireland as they have no homecheckers here.  :-\
He sound so lovely  :luv: :luv:
Someone must want him  :-\

Offline gorgeouspoppy

« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2009, 08:34:57 AM »
Impress is gorgeous - was looking on the many tears website as looking to get another cocker as a friend for poppy our blue roan.  Unfortunately it is a bit too far for us to travel.  But he was being home vetted on the 26th so hopefully it will all work out well for him. :D
Jo.x
Jo, Poppy, Misty + Kinda.xx

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2009, 08:45:28 AM »
Impress is gorgeous - was looking on the many tears website as looking to get another cocker as a friend for poppy our blue roan.  Unfortunately it is a bit too far for us to travel.  But he was being home vetted on the 26th so hopefully it will all work out well for him. :D
Jo.x

Keep your eyes open, they foster all over the county ;) and i know they have more cockers coming in. ;) :luv:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline Cockertime Blues

• Donator
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2009, 07:08:29 PM »
I did contact them but unfortunately they cannot rehome to Northern Ireland as they have no homecheckers here.  :-\

You sure Debrand?  We got cleared to adopt a Many Tears dog even though there are no homecheckers within several hundred miles  of us.  They accepted a homecheck done on us by a local rescue organisation.  (though in the end we didn't get an MT dog because couldn't connect with them while down south on holiday).

Offline debrand

• Site Member
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2009, 07:36:57 PM »

You sure Debrand?  We got cleared to adopt a Many Tears dog even though there are no homecheckers within several hundred miles  of us.  They accepted a homecheck done on us by a local rescue organisation.  (though in the end we didn't get an MT dog because couldn't connect with them while down south on holiday).
That's what Sylvia emailed me when I enquired.